January 29, 2015

Spoilers, by the way. 
HOLY FUCKING SHIT ON A FUCK SANDWICH
WHAT JUST HAPPENED

I- WHAT
FATE
EVA
NEGI? Also what are you wearing seriously is it supposed to be futuristic because your dad is definitely beating you in the wardrobe department
also HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOUR DAD WHY IS NAGI THERE

I don't even understand how a series could go from the happy ending in Negima to WHATEVER THE FUCK THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE
Ok calm the fuck down Self, and let's take this one step at a time
THE CUTENESS OF THIS SCENE LIKE LBR
Fate appears all teasing like honestly I am just getting whiplash from the UQ manga recently. First he shows up as the big bad, but now here he is kind of just having fun teasing the hot-blooded kin of his old friend. And Eva, honestly EVA I don't know what the original Japanese word here was but I'll thank the translators for giving us 'whipper snapper'. It's beautiful.
Eva's treating Fate as the 'bad influence' friend of her beloved disciple. Like she'll shake her head whenever Fate gets Negi to do something dangerous but in the end she'll just be like 'you little whipper-snappers'. 
And LIKE I LIKE JUST CAN'T TAKE IT because that's all I've ever wanted for these babies??? Fate who can't help but tease the boy who he thinks is so different from his grandfather, and Eva always long suffering, shaking her head at them both - AND NEGI PROBABLY TRYING TO CLUMSILY STOPPING THEM FROM FIGHTING. 

[Starts crying because I just want them to be together and happy forever???????]

All we are is dust in the wind
 I love this scene, when all they both need is one look to know that it's Negi's writing. Just the two them, looking like when we said goodbye to them the first time around, but now they've been left behind. Everyone is confused why they aren't fighting, but how could they when they're the only two left who understand what they've lost? How could they when they're both fighting to save the people they love, and when those people are the same for both of them?

Caps LOCK AND LOAD BABY
Let's just calm the internal and external screaming and just appreciate the sight of these two Springfields.

OKAY BACK TO T HE SCREAMING
WHY ARE THEY STILL WITH THE LIFEMAKER
WEREN'T THEY BOTH RESCUED BY THE MIRACLE GEN
AND DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE THE MIRACLE CLASS OUT OF IT OKAY 
BRING MY GIRLS OUT 

Don't get me wrong, this is a huge surprise. I didn't expect this kind of cameo until well into the tournament arc. I thought that vague back shot from last chapter was just a teaser. Who knew they'd be springing this on us so quickly? (Obviously not me as my caps lock can attest) But even as this was making me scream, I didn't even have time to process it because the next page overwhelmed me with just one word:
"...Boya"
 EVA MY DARLING OUT THERE IN YOUR ORIGINAL BODY
LOOKING AS YOU DID WHEN HE FIRST FOUND YOU AND YOU FIRST FELL IN LOVE
WHEN YOU WERE SWEPT UP IN ADVENTURE
WHEN YOU WERE LEFT BEHIND
IN THE SAME BODY THAT MET HIS LEGACY, HIS BOY
THAT TAUGHT HIM AND GUIDED HIM
THAT MADE HIM INTO THE KIND OF PERSON WHO SWEPT YOU UP AGAIN
YOU WHO STARTED CALLING HIM YOUR BOY TOO
YOU THOUGHT THOSE TIMES WERE 'FUN' BUT HE LEFT YOU BEHIND AGAIN

YOU SAID AT THE BEGINNING DIDN'T YOU?
BEFORE LONG YOU LOSE THE ABILITY TO BE ATTACHED TO ANYTHING
BUT THAT'S NOT TRUE IS IT
'...Boya.'
'Nagi...!'

I'M GOING TO FUCKING DIE I CAN'T EVEN
(I'm not going to include the page of her freaking out, Fate worried and frantic, and Toota calling it like he sees it, because that page is a fucking masterpiece and really needs to be seen for yourself.)
tbh I don't even care about Tota at this point LOOK AT THIS BADASS DUO
'I don't need you.'

....
I'M SORRY BUT DID ALL THOSE YEARS MAKE YOU A BIT SENILE EVA?
BECAUSE YOU CALLED FATE A YOUNG WHIPPER SNAPPER
BUT LOOK AT YOU THINKING THAT TOTA IS GOING TO BE SATISFIED WITH THIS
DARLING, IN THE HISTORY OF SHOUNEN NO SINGLE PROTAGONIST HAS BEEN SATISIFED WITH THE WHOLE 'PUSHING AWAY WITHOUT EXPLANATION' THING.
NONE.
AND OH EVA DARLING, YOU WHO HAVE KNOWN THREE, FOUR GENERATIONS OF SPRINGFIELDS HOW COULD YOU EVEN THINK THAT THERE WAS A FUCKING CHANCE IN HELL THAT HE'LL LEAVE YOU ALONE WITH JUST THAT?
BECAUSE THERE IS NONE
YOU KNOW THEM SPRINGFIELDS
YOU KNOW THEY'LL JUST CHARGE IN AFTER YOU, PROBABLY WITH A DASHING POSE AND A CHEESY QUOTE AND FUCKING THAT'S WHY YOU LOVE THEM 
NOBODY DESCENDED FROM THE THOUSAND MASTER, THE QUEEN OF CALAMITY, THE GENIUS MAGE, MAN, EVEN MOTHER FUCKING KONOE- NOBODY WITH THAT KIND OF FAMILY TREE WOULD BE CONVINCED BY THAT
SHOUNEN PROTAGONIST IS PRACTICALLY PASSED DOWN THROUGH THEIR GENES


----------------------------------------------------------
What a chapter.
I laughed, I cried - haha jks I just cried and screamed the entire time.

Also I lied last time when I said the series would have to stand on its own. I'm pretty certain I can live on Negima nostalgia and references. Especially when you take it from background cameos to major plot points.
But wow Eva, this series was kind of her story as much as it is Tota's. Up until now we've only seen her self-assured, all-knowing, teasing. Up until now Tota's only seen her like that too.
Same with Fate, who seems to have no relation to the boy we saw at the end of Negima and everything to do with the one we saw at the beginning. The one who never had a hand stretched out to him by an idiot who wanted to be friends with a villain.
But one word from that world-saving, life-changing idiot and they're transformed. And my heart bleeds harder for the ending they should've had. Also bleeds because I JUST WANT TO SEE NEGI AGAIN.
And it's kind of unfair to Tota, because I don't really care about the relationship he has with Eva at this point. He doesn't even call her Eva! And there's only one person she calls her boy.

(still, make those Springfield genes useful Tota and advance the plot so that fateful reunion can happen for real k?)





0 comments:

Labels

manga (78) anime (64) episodic rant (40) series review (34) mahou sensei negima (12) shipping (12) shounen (12) Naruto (10) games (9) movie (9) live action (8) star driver (8) Bleach (7) ending (7) haikyuu!! (7) one piece (7) detective conan (6) haruhi suzumiya (6) kpop (6) kuroshitsuji (6) shoujo (6) twgok (6) Durarara (5) Katekyo Hitman Reborn (5) Liar Game (5) first impressions (5) fullmetal alchemist (5) light novel (5) 07-Ghost (4) Fairy Tail (4) la corda d'oro (4) season two (4) shugo chara (4) sports (4) D.Grayman (3) OVA (3) angel beats (3) avatar (3) code geass (3) final fantasy (3) kuroko no basket (3) shota (3) tcg/ccg (3) uq holder (3) webtoon (3) Blade of the Immortal (2) CLAMP (2) Inuyasha (2) Kenichi (2) Kobato (2) Magi Labyrinth of Magic (2) Medaka Box (2) Munto (2) alice in the country of hearts (2) animation (2) awards (2) black butler (2) character rankings (2) eyeshield 21 (2) harem (2) higashi no eden (2) hunter x hunter (2) immortal rain (2) korean (2) loli (2) mahou shojo (2) maria+holic (2) natsume yuujincho (2) otome youkai zakuro (2) samurai deeper kyo (2) series comparison (2) shinrei tantei yakumo (2) super junior (2) sword art online (2) tower of god (2) 200 pounds beauty (1) 2014 (1) Code Breaker (1) Hana to Akuma (1) Harukanaru Toki no Naka de (1) IRIS (1) Kaitai Shinsho Zero (1) Kekkaishi (1) Kyou Koi wo Haijimemasu (1) Say I Love You (1) Shaman King (1) Tokyo Mew Mew (1) accel world (1) ah my goddess (1) anohana (1) bakemonogatari (1) bloody monday (1) boys love (1) brs (1) chrono crusade (1) comic book (1) cooking (1) disappearance of haruhi suzumiya (1) doctor who (1) doujinshi (1) fate/stay night (1) free! (1) gaiden (1) ghibli (1) glass mask (1) hatenkou yuugi (1) hellboy (1) k-on (1) kamisama hajimemashita (1) kanata kara (1) love live (1) magical girl lyrical nanoha (1) makoto shinkai (1) mamoru hosoda (1) mei-chan no shitsuji (1) one punch man (1) psycho pass (1) puella magi madoka magica (1) reverse harem (1) rpg (1) sailor moon (1) saint young men (1) saiunkoku monogatari (1) saki (1) series recommendation (1) sherlock holmes (1) shokugeki no soma (1) slam dunk (1) soul eater (1) spring 2015 (1) story tropes (1) suikoden tierkreis (1) suisei no garugantia (1) tekken (1) the elder scrolls (1) toradora (1) until death do us part (1) vampire game (1) vampire juuji kai (1) visual novel (1) yozakura quartet (1) yugioh (1) zombie loan (1)

Popular Posts