November 05, 2014

Continuing on with the series of life-ruining highschoolers playing sports, here's part three. Two more to go! This one has one of my favourite episodes and I make a lot of rap song references BECAUSE I CAN.

Episode Eleven: Boys’ Fated Meeting
·         Hinata’s sleepy head little sister
·         Training montage! And Ukai ‘ooooh’-ing at Hinata and Asahi’s spikes
·         Nishinoya with his hair down! Nishinoya with his hair down! Nishinoyaaa with his hair downnnn! Also all of them screaming at Asahi with his hair down.
·         The first appearance of Kenma! I love how he seems so unaffected but he still seems pretty pumped when he says ‘I think our team is pretty good’. And Hinata’s communication skills are stellar he could hold a conversation with a steel pole. On first name basis already too cuties.
·         Sugawara is the best okay. Don’t underestimate him just because he’s not a starter! Plus Daiichi and Asahi getting determined from his speech too.
·         Nishinoya is super cool! He’s the best okay. I’m loving these speeches from these lovely senpais.
·         Little heart to hearts with everyone. I love it when Ennoshita and the other second-years tell their story to Hinata and Kageyama they all sit properly to listen.
·         New uniforms! You know what they say, the clothes make the man. And I am so looking forward to seeing Hinata stand on the national court with that jersey number, surpassing his idol and becoming a legend himself.
·         ‘Kenma, who has no will to play, is looking forward to a match?!’ Yes. That’s the power of the sun.

Episode Twelve: Boys Take Flight
The episode where I love lots of little things and call everything ‘cute’ a lot. I can’t help it, Nekoma and Karasuno are not only a match for each other in terms of skill, they’re also good in the cute factor! (Karasuno is ofc always the cutest and number one in my heart though you just can’t beat that.)
·         Hinata and Kenma catching up like they’re totally familiar. Then the monk heads butting in only for the responsible senpais to stop them. Then the two captains meeting and instantly figuring each other out. I really like the both captains.
·         Sorry Kenma but I’m going to go with your captain on this one. The chant is pretty cool.
·         Lots of little things this time around. The neighbourhood association guys coming to watch their match, the whole fated match of the garbage heap, and Kageyama’s ‘tch’ when Nekoma’s guy says he’s not underestimating Hinata
·         The shocked first reactions to Hinata’s quick is something I’ll never get tired of. (Yet later on when ‘nobody calls the current Karasuno [the flightless crows] anymore’ I’m even more proud)
·         I probably just like Nishinoya too much, but it’s really nice seeing him in action as the libero in a real match at last.
·         I like how all the coaches in the opposing teams are always just like ‘well they’re geniuses so you guys will just have to deal with it’
·         Kageyama calls for a toss for once and uses the opportunity to teach Hinata like gosh these cuties. Not to mention how he easily scores a point and just considers it a teaching opportunity. ‘This guy’s so good it’s irritating…’
·         I like that Kuro and Kenma are childhood friends. I can’t tell you why exactly, but I think it’s cute.
·         When Hinata’s spike gets blocked and his teammates are completely behind him 100% and reassuring him IT’S SO CUTE. Ukai being a really good coach too, using the practice matches to the fullest and letting the players figure out a solution.
·         TINY BEAST MODE HINATA. Let’s be real here guys, this little cute ball of sunshine is the real dark horse in the team. Don’t stare at the sun too long, he’ll burn you up and reduce you to ashes!
·         And he opens his eyes for the first time! Ah hell yeah we about to embark on some levelling up right here. Of course it wouldn’t be levelling up if he didn’t go through some grinding first, but once again the team is all about the support. This team is too great.
·         ‘We look for ways to fly’. Go little giant.

Episode Thirteen: Boys versus Boys
·         ‘Oni and oni’. THEY’LL EAT YOU UP MOTHERFUCKERS
·         The captain giving relevant hints, Hinata fulfilling those hints expertly, and both teams levelling up through PvP
·         Kuro being a cool captain~ And of course Kageyama picks up on that and switches the tosses. Hinata’s so cute being all like ‘ehhh I was just getting used to the floaty one!’
·         They may be little fluffy chicks going against an adult cat right now, but just you wait they’ll level up in no time! By the time the destined match rolls around again, they’ll be huge scary crows. Like seriously have you seen the sizes that crows can get to because it ranges from large to unnatural to fucking terrifying that thing could eat a baby.
·         I really like that they acknowledge that they’re worse right now but FUCK THAT SHIT WE’LL JUST SMASH THROUGH IT. They don’t get caught up in a defeatist attitude ever and I really love that about them.
·         The moment of truth point. What an intense rally, including nice spikes from Asahi, Hinata calling for a toss from Kageyama by his aura alone, and Kenma’s amazing save.
·         Everyone’s exhausted and you have Hinata going ‘ONE MORE’. THE SUN DOESN’T RUN OUT OF ENERGY FUCKERS.
·         After match bonding time with the two teams of cuties. You have the monk heads bonding, Nishinoya being perfectly cool once again, Kageyama scaring Kenma off awwww. It’s just cute is what I’m saying.
·         Even the coaches! And Take-sensei you’re the real hero here! Look at these two teams of dorks come here and let me hug you.

Episode Fourteen: Boys Unfurl Your Wings
At first I thought the freckled guy in the beginning was Hinata’s friend that helped him out in the first episode, but it turned out to be Daiichi’s childhood friend instead. I’m disappointed because I realized I want nothing more than for the two friends of Hinata (and maybe his underclassmen) to come watch him at an official match. Like look how high he can fly now! Please make this happen!
·         These volleyball nerds, even in their spare time they’re just getting excited over volleyball articles
·         See, Ukai’s a good coach! I’m proud of him too
·         More of the girls team captain Michimiya! She’s super cute. I hope she and Daiichi hook up.
·         This 159cm tiny Beagle coming to pick up his great hulking Saint Bernard of an ace. These silly boys.
·         Sugawara’s moment of foreshadowing with his signals. Personally, I can’t wait he’s going to be awesome.
·         Enoshita’s face of ‘IM SO DONE’ which is the only face you can make in response to Tanaka’s stupidity.
·         Yamaguchi, just wait you’ll be awesome too! (Not in this season but still, you’ll get there!)
·         Kageyama immediately memorizing the hand signals.
·         Actually just this entire training montage before the tournament I love it all.
·         Shimizu you’re super cute! I really love their banner as well. It’s so simple and powerful. It’s great because they’re not a team who overthinks or philosophizes a lot. Karasuno is all about giving it your all and doing your best together. They push through with passion and sincerity. So spread your wings little crows. Fly as high as you can.
·         Everyone’s reactions after the unveiling. ‘The captain too?!’ For the sake of the support members who stuck with you through the ups and downs, don’t you want to show her the best team you can be?
·         The flashback cuts during the ending

Episode Fifteen: BOYS FLY HIGH!!
I don’t like the new opening as much as the first one, but the last shot with all of them is just as cool. The new ending isn’t my favourite either, but I can’t say that I dislike that winning smile from Kageyama. Openings and endings aside, the episode doesn’t let me down. Lots of caps lock in this one.
·         Asahi getting shut down immediately. Poor sentimental teddy bear.
·         The third years showing up and their cute first year chicks are already at the clubroom
·         This is my favourite shot in the manga and I’m saddened that they didn’t hold it there for longer. If you take the time to pause and look carefully it’s really such a treasure. You have Tsukishima with his usual disdain, literally looking down on them. You have Kageyama’s naturally scary face, and the two shorties + Tanaka’s natural ‘picking a fight’ face. BUT THEN you also have the polite disappointment of Sugawara and the unnaturally blank face of the captain that are more terrifying than anyone else’s. It’s great. (BITCHES AIN’T SHIT AND THEY AIN’T SAYING NOTHING A HUNDRED MOTHERFUCKERS CAN’T TELL ME NOTHING)
·         Not to mention how much they look like a gang, dressed in all black and coming in like AIN’T NOBODY FRESHER THAN MY MOTHERFUCKING CLIQUE
·         When in reality they’re a bunch of cute volleyball dorks. ‘Now this is what you call wild’. TOO CUTE.
·         Dorks who could probably kick your ass in volleyball. I always love it when the peanut gallery does the praising thing like ‘hey check it out it’s the best libero’ or ‘oh shit it’s the king of the court’. But the best is when they underestimate Hinata. This only happens before the rumors of the second small giant with a monster quick spreads, so I’m enjoying it while I can.
·         Hinata does the same ‘Air Salonpas’ thing from the first episode but this time when you cut to a wide shot HE HAS A HUGE RELIABLE TEAM BEHIND HIM I’M OH I’M SO PROUD OF YOU FOR MAKING IT HERE BABY
·         Nishinoya being a protective friend sticking up for Asahi, while little Hinata hovers behind him. Not to mention Asahi looking cool for all of five seconds before he ruins it again
·         Daiichi’s so great look at that Captain-feel of authority he exudes
·         Hinata’s war flashbacks. Oh these two, the teddy bear and the baby crow. Come here and let me hug you both.
·         How Seijou’s coach reacts to any problems with Oikawa with ‘Iwaizumi’.  It’s super effective!
·         Seijou’s role as the peanut gallery for Karasuno’s match. Hehehe just you watch…
·         If Nishinoya wasn’t a libero I’d nominate him for captain next year
·         The heartbeat sfx is a nice touch. All of these characters, even if they’re not the main players, they’re here with pounding hearts and big dreams too.
·         ‘Spoken from experience!’ Hehehehe……
·         Check out that amazing libero! Check out that powerful spike!
·         The music that starts up from when Hinata starts getting anxious for a toss
·         ‘You are all strong. Karasuno is strong. Let’s show everyone in the stadium that we ravens can fly.’ CHECK OUT THAT SHOT OF HINATA JUMPING IDENTICAL TO THE SHOT WE SAW AND HE SAW IN THE FIRST EPISODE OF THE SMALL GIANT JUMPING FLYYYYYYYYYYY
·         AND AS EVERYONE IN THE PLACE IS DUMBFOUNDED AND OIKAWA STANDS TO ATTENTION
·         ‘Look. We are the champions of old. This is Karasuno’s revival!’ AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
·         AS HE FALLS HIS TEAMMATES ARE SO READY IN THE BACKGROUND
·         AND HINATA’S RIGHT UP THERE IN THE CENTER, NO AS THE CENTER OF THE REVIVAL
·         FLY
·         FLY AND CRUSH THEM
·         Y’ALL NIGGAS AIN’T FLY AS ME THAT’S WHY I DEFY PHYSICS AND Y’ALL NIGGAS COLLIDIN’, PEACE
·         I’M UP HERE WITH THE LEARS Y’ALL DOWN THERE WITH THE AIRS EMPERORS IN THE MIRROR YOU’RE PLAYING WITH A PAIR

·         THE CHAMP IS HERE

0 comments:

Labels

manga (78) anime (64) episodic rant (40) series review (34) mahou sensei negima (12) shipping (12) shounen (12) Naruto (10) games (9) movie (9) live action (8) star driver (8) Bleach (7) ending (7) haikyuu!! (7) one piece (7) detective conan (6) haruhi suzumiya (6) kpop (6) kuroshitsuji (6) shoujo (6) twgok (6) Durarara (5) Katekyo Hitman Reborn (5) Liar Game (5) first impressions (5) fullmetal alchemist (5) light novel (5) 07-Ghost (4) Fairy Tail (4) la corda d'oro (4) season two (4) shugo chara (4) sports (4) D.Grayman (3) OVA (3) angel beats (3) avatar (3) code geass (3) final fantasy (3) kuroko no basket (3) shota (3) tcg/ccg (3) uq holder (3) webtoon (3) Blade of the Immortal (2) CLAMP (2) Inuyasha (2) Kenichi (2) Kobato (2) Magi Labyrinth of Magic (2) Medaka Box (2) Munto (2) alice in the country of hearts (2) animation (2) awards (2) black butler (2) character rankings (2) eyeshield 21 (2) harem (2) higashi no eden (2) hunter x hunter (2) immortal rain (2) korean (2) loli (2) mahou shojo (2) maria+holic (2) natsume yuujincho (2) otome youkai zakuro (2) samurai deeper kyo (2) series comparison (2) shinrei tantei yakumo (2) super junior (2) sword art online (2) tower of god (2) 200 pounds beauty (1) 2014 (1) Code Breaker (1) Hana to Akuma (1) Harukanaru Toki no Naka de (1) IRIS (1) Kaitai Shinsho Zero (1) Kekkaishi (1) Kyou Koi wo Haijimemasu (1) Say I Love You (1) Shaman King (1) Tokyo Mew Mew (1) accel world (1) ah my goddess (1) anohana (1) bakemonogatari (1) bloody monday (1) boys love (1) brs (1) chrono crusade (1) comic book (1) cooking (1) disappearance of haruhi suzumiya (1) doctor who (1) doujinshi (1) fate/stay night (1) free! (1) gaiden (1) ghibli (1) glass mask (1) hatenkou yuugi (1) hellboy (1) k-on (1) kamisama hajimemashita (1) kanata kara (1) love live (1) magical girl lyrical nanoha (1) makoto shinkai (1) mamoru hosoda (1) mei-chan no shitsuji (1) one punch man (1) psycho pass (1) puella magi madoka magica (1) reverse harem (1) rpg (1) sailor moon (1) saint young men (1) saiunkoku monogatari (1) saki (1) series recommendation (1) sherlock holmes (1) shokugeki no soma (1) slam dunk (1) soul eater (1) spring 2015 (1) story tropes (1) suikoden tierkreis (1) suisei no garugantia (1) tekken (1) the elder scrolls (1) toradora (1) until death do us part (1) vampire game (1) vampire juuji kai (1) visual novel (1) yozakura quartet (1) yugioh (1) zombie loan (1)

Popular Posts