November 13, 2015

Ever since they were posted a year ago, three of my Haikyuu anime posts have been in the top five most viewed on this blog. But even if they weren't, you know I'm gonna do it all over again for the second season. I know what's in store this season and hot damn am I pumped:
TOKYO TRAINING ARC! NEKOMA! CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT! LEVELS IN BADASS! I AM 100% HERE FOR THIS LET’S DO THIS

Episode One: Boys, Hello Again!
[ The first shot of Hinata in the opening is so great because it’s like direct exposure to the sun. And Yachi's shot in the opening is so adorable because it’s like she’s the heroine in a shoujo. The training shots of the boys milling around makes it seem kind of messy and disorganized – but really what do you expect when you put a bunch of crows and cats and owls in one arc?
The ending I really love, with all them joining in the shounen run and the final shot of badass crows together. Also after not seeing these precious babes for a year, this episode is just full of cute. Hinata is cute. Kageyama is cute. All Karasuno babes are cute. Shimizu is cute. Nekoma is cute. ]
·         Really? You’re starting off there? Fuck you
·         Love the repeat of the ‘wall’ speech from Hinata though
·         A great re-introduction to the team through a practice match like ah yes the dorks of my heart my sunshine children my crow babies who I have raised for two seasons and several manga chapters VOLLEYBALL CUTIES
·         WHOOOOO This cutie
·         Don’t mind Yamaguchi THIS IS GONNA BE YOUR CHARACTER ARC
·         ROLLLLINNGGG THUNDDDDERRRRRRRRRRRR
·         Hinata as the ultimate decoy like how cute is it that even his own team still reacts to it
·         Pauses for ten seconds on that shot of the Nekoma babes
·         Kenma being a cutie
·         Shimizu being a cutie but also a goddess strolling down the hallway
·         Hinata interacting with Shimizu is honestly the cutest it’s like seeing a baby crow flapping its tiny wings around, and Shimizu as this lovely big sister
·         Take-chan worrying about his dumbass crow chicks
·         JAPAN!! I don’t mind that they switched this meeting to before meeting Yachi because they made it the same as when they met Kenma – getting lost after running really far.
·         Re-appearance of honey badger Hinata and also holy shit is it just me or does the anime make it look like he jumps A LOT higher (also farmer Ushiwaka lmao u aint got shit on my bby bird)
·         But Kageyama smirking behind him like yas that’s my partner bitch
·         The declaration of war, the ridiculously dramatic birds flying around GETS THE BLOOD PUMPING
·         The abrupt cutting of the music as dramatic birds become idiot birds I LOVE THEM

Episode Two: Boys and Girls
·         More idiot dork birds and their coach. This entire reaction sequence is gold
·         Tsukishima you little shit not even thinking about it just rejection in less than 0.1 seconds
·         More Hinata and Kiyoko interaction!
·         Tsukishima actually helping them to study, Kageyama’s perfection when it comes to volleyball – basically this group of the cutest crows studying and being buddies I LOVE
·         Saeko is cool!!! We need more girls
·         Kenma and Hinata being text buddies
·         They cut Tanaka actually asking questions from the teacher D:
·         YACHI!!!! THE CUTIE!!! I LOVE!!! Also everyone’s reaction to Kiyoko’s dedication to her team
·         Yamaguchi is actually the cutest he’s like a mean girl who can’t be mean; convincing Tsuki to help them study and recommending Yachi what a cutie
·         “I can fly!” Combined with the light and the music like I LOVE THIS SUNSHINE CHILD. Direct sunlight indeed
·         Hinata’s stellar communication skills at work. First Kageyama, then Nishinoya then Asahi then Yachi then eventually Yamaguchi/Tsukishima like please how many people is this boy gonna recruit to the party??? (Not even including all his rival buddies I mean he’s already texting Kenma)
·         Hinata’s save and Yachi being impressed by these badass crows and Kiyoko being proud of them

Episode Three: Girls Be Ambitious!!
[ One of my favourite episodes, it has it all: Yachi the cutie, the crows being badasses, and everyone being friends. A lot of my initial bullet points were just ‘yachi you’re so gr8 love you’ and ‘hinata wat a cute’ ]
·         Take-chan best sensei
·         “There’s no way we could block Ushiwaka…” You hear that sound Tsuki? That’s the sound of a million manga readers screaming in the distance over your character arc
·         Hinata is honestly the cutest like #1 boy you’d want as a little brother for sure. When Shimizu was looking for a first year he’s like I’LL DO WHATEVER I CAN TO HELP and when Yachi’s helping set up chairs he’s there immediately like LEMME HELP. So precious and yet also so cool. Honey badger baby
·         Tsukishima immediately reminding them of the phrase he taught them like aww you’re what they call a coodere aren’t ya
·         New commercial cut with Yachi is super cute because she’s all like let me commit seppuku and Hinata probably gets up right away like no worries I’m used to getting hit in the face and Kiyoko’s smiling like my cute crow babies
·         HELLA YEAH coaches from other teams praising this team will never get old
·         Thank whatever higher power is responsible for this unruly flock’s changing sequence.
·         THEY WENT 0 TO 100 REAL QUICK YASSSS. Dorks to badasses in under a second; plus Kiyoko praising her small crow baby god I can’t get enough of all this love
·         When they rearranged the order for meeting Ushiwaka I was so afraid they were gonna cut out the shoujo run and I’m really glad they managed to wrangle it back in. I love this part so much like Hinata and Yachi the sunshine and star children let them smile forever and Yachi’s mom (who’s really cool too) tearing up
·         OKAY this part isn’t in the manga and it’s really small but I appreciate it a lot: When her mom critiques Yachi’s poster design and asks her what she wants people to see, she immediately has a flashback to Hinata jumping. Yachi’s like I know what I want people to see. I want them to see a boy with wings on his back. I want them to see a boy defying gravity to fly towards his dreams. I want them to see the sunshine that lit up the path that brought me here. YACHI MY DARLING I AM FOR REAL IN LOVE WITH YOU MY STAR CHILD
·         Tsukishima you nerd come on even Yamaguchi and Kageyama did it

Episode Four: Boys meet Boys
·         The first time I read this in the manga I was like how could you mistake a regular steel tower for a landmark? Then I got to Tokyo and I was like shit you’re right all the steel towers look kinda like Tokyo Tower
·         Yachi being frustrated over Hinata’s test
·         Kuro greeting the Karasuno guys like a proper guide and captain I JUST REALLY LOVE??? THESE BOYS??? Like anything they do is cute to me, especially since we don’t see the Nekoma babes enough
·         GTA HQ brought to you by Saeko
·         Kenma immediately noticing the lack of his friend like have I mentioned how I love these boys
·         Saeko is super cool and Hinata is super cool. I just love??? All interactions??? No but really, Hinata is just so bright and enthusiastic with everyone and Saeko’s so open and direct so it’s really fun to watch.
·         I love this part where they’re introducing the teams and their specialities like training arc set up!
·         Kenma being cute. ("My arms are gonna break off…")
·         Yachi being irritated at the other teams talking shit about her team LIKE LOOK HOW CUTE. She’s already completely one of them. She’s already another baby crow like what’d you say ‘bout my team??
·         THE MAIN STARS ENTER! ‘Stop that #10!’ It’s great that we have a cast of new people talking about the freak combo. (It’s funny though seeing Bokuto because he starts out looking pretty cool and tough but by the end of the arc you’re like this fucking dork ass owl)
·         Russian rubber man. The animation for that bit was weird, it reminded me of Koro-sensei for a second
·         Hinata hanging out casually with the Nekoma boys like yes this is what I’m fucking here for! Boys being friends! There’s Kenma being a great senpai working with Lev, like he complains and he’s lazy but he still puts in the time to train with him for the sake of the team. I love Kenma so much. And Hinata casually praising Kenma’s people reading skills, and Kenma casually deriding Hinata’s basics. I’m the momma cat that comes in like I’m so proud of my baby cat and crow.
·         Crow babe is like FIGHT ME always. Stop this child. (Jk never stop fight all the people)
·         I love seeing Kenma in action seriously. Why are we focusing on Russian rubber man when we could see more Kenma being cute, or Kuro being a cool captain?

Episode Five: Boys Reach Higher
·         I like that Kenshin and his friend are totally lightweights compared to the elder Nekomata, the college girl Saeko and the eternal nice guy Take
·         Kenma being a good senpai again and also a good control tower, giving Lev directions
·         FUCKING SUPERNOVA BABY check out this sunshine child evolving, burning with a heat that everyone can feel. I’m a space bound rocket ship and your heart’s the moon two hundred fifty thousand miles on a clear night on June – there’s no limit on how far I would go – no boundaries, no lengths
·         Then from 100 to 0 real quick, this dork. And the team like ahah oh Hinata..haha..ha. YAS gimme that tension, gimme those level ups! I love the imagery of the baby crow, greedy beak gaping incessantly, and if can’t get its fill from down here – the empty nest speaks for itself. I can’t wait for this baby bird to reach the skies
·         Take-chan best sensei
·         Mama crow present as the mediator between Hinata and Kageyama’s discussion that’s so cute.
·         Hinata like I could see Oikawa’s face I could see the FEAR IN HIS EYES
·         Way to use the whole ‘scenery from the top’ as a special skill though like wow. I thought it was just symbolism, but then they made the fact that Hinata can see that view a plot point
·         Kuro and Daiichi talking like captains god I love these boys
·         DON’T SCARE YACHI OMFG. But as much as I hate them fighting, I also love it because without it they wouldn’t be able to understand each other. Plus, it just makes their comeback all the more hella awesome. 
·         Reinforced by that hella awesome pose and imagery, Hinata and Kageyama in poses that should look dorky but instead looks badass af
·         Baby birds let me hug you, you’re gonna be great you know. You’re gonna be a supernova.
·         Flying through the galaxy with supernova energy, under pressure, together we’re so much better
·         And if a shooting star crosses the sky tonight, we’d be superheroes – winning every fight, side by side we come alive
·         We fly high and watch how you make me shine

·         Standing on your shoulders I can touch the sky

0 comments:

Labels

manga (78) anime (64) episodic rant (40) series review (34) mahou sensei negima (12) shipping (12) shounen (12) Naruto (10) games (9) movie (9) live action (8) star driver (8) Bleach (7) ending (7) haikyuu!! (7) one piece (7) detective conan (6) haruhi suzumiya (6) kpop (6) kuroshitsuji (6) shoujo (6) twgok (6) Durarara (5) Katekyo Hitman Reborn (5) Liar Game (5) first impressions (5) fullmetal alchemist (5) light novel (5) 07-Ghost (4) Fairy Tail (4) la corda d'oro (4) season two (4) shugo chara (4) sports (4) D.Grayman (3) OVA (3) angel beats (3) avatar (3) code geass (3) final fantasy (3) kuroko no basket (3) shota (3) tcg/ccg (3) uq holder (3) webtoon (3) Blade of the Immortal (2) CLAMP (2) Inuyasha (2) Kenichi (2) Kobato (2) Magi Labyrinth of Magic (2) Medaka Box (2) Munto (2) alice in the country of hearts (2) animation (2) awards (2) black butler (2) character rankings (2) eyeshield 21 (2) harem (2) higashi no eden (2) hunter x hunter (2) immortal rain (2) korean (2) loli (2) mahou shojo (2) maria+holic (2) natsume yuujincho (2) otome youkai zakuro (2) samurai deeper kyo (2) series comparison (2) shinrei tantei yakumo (2) super junior (2) sword art online (2) tower of god (2) 200 pounds beauty (1) 2014 (1) Code Breaker (1) Hana to Akuma (1) Harukanaru Toki no Naka de (1) IRIS (1) Kaitai Shinsho Zero (1) Kekkaishi (1) Kyou Koi wo Haijimemasu (1) Say I Love You (1) Shaman King (1) Tokyo Mew Mew (1) accel world (1) ah my goddess (1) anohana (1) bakemonogatari (1) bloody monday (1) boys love (1) brs (1) chrono crusade (1) comic book (1) cooking (1) disappearance of haruhi suzumiya (1) doctor who (1) doujinshi (1) fate/stay night (1) free! (1) gaiden (1) ghibli (1) glass mask (1) hatenkou yuugi (1) hellboy (1) k-on (1) kamisama hajimemashita (1) kanata kara (1) love live (1) magical girl lyrical nanoha (1) makoto shinkai (1) mamoru hosoda (1) mei-chan no shitsuji (1) one punch man (1) psycho pass (1) puella magi madoka magica (1) reverse harem (1) rpg (1) sailor moon (1) saint young men (1) saiunkoku monogatari (1) saki (1) series recommendation (1) sherlock holmes (1) shokugeki no soma (1) slam dunk (1) soul eater (1) spring 2015 (1) story tropes (1) suikoden tierkreis (1) suisei no garugantia (1) tekken (1) the elder scrolls (1) toradora (1) until death do us part (1) vampire game (1) vampire juuji kai (1) visual novel (1) yozakura quartet (1) yugioh (1) zombie loan (1)

Popular Posts