

LA
CORDA
D'ORO
~primo passo~
I just finished watching La Corda D'oro primo passe~ It's totally changed my perspective of music and instruments. The general theme of the series constantly varies but mostly the feeling I drew from it was "music from the heart." On many occasions, this theme is applied strongly, especially by the main character, Hino Kahoko. She recieves a magic violin from the fairy that blessed the school she goes to. Her straightforward attitude, and kind personality appealed to all of the participants of the school's concour. The celloist, Keiichi Shimizu, says that Kahoko taught him that sheet music exists in your heart while the fellow violinist, Len Tsukimori, finally understands that music is something to be enjoyed. I found this series massively inspiring. Not only that, I was introduced to several new pieces of classical music, some of which I especially liked.
In one particular episode, focusing on friendship, Kahoko decides to play Pachelbel's Canon in D for the second selection. When I realized what she was playing, I immediately jumped up, grabbed my violin and played Canon three times in a row. Just like that. XD When I heard the familiar music I got all hyper and went KYAAAAA! (I do that a lot) The main piece, the one that introduced Kahoko to the beauty of the violin, was Ave Maria. Now, I totally want to find the sheet music for it and try it out myself. It seems to be a very lovely song. Another one of my favorites in the show was Gavotte in D Major by F.J. Gossec. Kahoko played this song with Kazuki Hihara for a violin and trumpet duet. I thought it was very bouncy and playful and a great song. Frédéric Chopin – Fantasie-Impromptu played by Ryoutarou Tsuchiura was also amazing. (Watching this series takes a hit on my self esteem in terms of my skill with my own violin.) Plus, at the end of the concours, all the guy participants, 5 in total, played a song for Hino Kahoko. I felt like they were, in a way, confessing their love through the music as the song was a very beautiful one: Op.12 Salut d' Amour by E.Elgar. In that scene, they all called her by her first name in their head. After the final selection, there was a follow-up special where they went to a retreat with a theme attached. The theme was the One and Only Tune. In this episode, all five guys met her at different attractions in the retreat, and all played for her. I loved it when Azuma Yunoki played for her. He showed Kahoko the Queen of Night, a pretty flower that only blooms one night a year. Amid the blooming flowers and the usual shoujo manga sparkles, he played R.Drigo - Notturno d' Amore " Serenade " My favorite piece of music played in the special was by Shimizu, J.S. Bach - Suites for Solo Cello No.1, Prelude。And just because I'm for Tsukimori and Kahoko all the way, Tsukimori played Beethoven - Op. 50 , Romance No.2 in F major. At the end, Kahoko reflects on the theme and she plays, for everyone, E.Elgar - Op.12 Salut d' Amour ( Accompanied by Shouko Fuyuumi on the piano.)
I think the fans would go crazy if the series had a second season and Kahoko actually chose one, specific guy. Which is why there isn't a second season. It irritates me and satisfies me at the same time. It irritates me because I'm a crazy fangirl and I want to see Tsukimori and Kahoko together. It satisfies me because, with the obvious feelings the guys have for her, to choose on in particular would be way too controversial. So I guess I'm okay with the way it ended. (However I am, and will be presumably forever, a crazed fangirl so I am, and will be presumably forever, supporting TsukimoriXHino. xP)
It's a great series.
Go watch it.
EDIT: I fell prey to Koei even before I knew what it was.
0 comments:
Post a Comment