DID YOU KNOW THAT NEGIMA HAD A MANGA SEQUEL BECAUSE I DID NOT
It's called 'UQ Holder!'
Of course when I discovered that I immediately rushed to start reading the first chapter and immediately started crying as soon as I got to the second page.
Eva was one of my favorite characters, and Negima was one of my favorite mangas, and the unsatisfying ending left me with so many feels I couldn't even do a proper conclusion review of it aside from a barely started entry in my drafts.
So in comes in this guy who's like the complete opposite of Negi, my baby. If Negi was intelligent, a genius mage, and not focused on physical combat then Touta is simple, terrible at magic, and good at melee fighting. But how is still somehow Negi's grandson.
I tell you, seeing Negi's name DID THINGS FOR ME. I'm like why is his grave out here in the countryside? Eva's so close to him sobbing. Why is his grave all alone? I mean I guess there's no way Akamatsu is going to let us know who was endgame but stillllll. I see Touta's mother and father are named Konoe...what if Negi's child ended up with Konoka's child? Didn't Setsuna and Konoka get married? Did they adopt? No you can't do this to me? I MUST KNOW THINGS /breaks down in tears from a single panel saying Negi Springfield.
THE TOWER THE SPACE THING THEY COMPLETED IT~~~~~~~~~~ But but why is it that it seems so mysterious? I mean people like Nodoka worked in it~~~ This is terrible. This series is leaving me with more questions than answers.
Kuroh...Yatogami? And I thought the Setsuna's school of sword was ok with Eva and everything...And hello I thought Negi was also supposed to be immortal like Eva unless they somehow reset it during the time when Asuna got a reset?????????
Must...resist...rereading...all of Negima...no don't do this to yourself you don't have the time to go through and cry at all 400 chapters
I can't read this series without looking for callbacks and references to Negima though. I guess I just loved the original series so much and it ended in such a rushed way that I'm struggling to fill in the gaps. Still, it seems to have promise and looks interesting - but let's face it, 99% of the reason why I'm reading it so far is for Negima references. It'd be cool to see if that shifts a little in favor of the series' own merits.
UQ Holder: The First 12 Chapters: A Summary
Where's Negi
Flashbacks I need flashbacks and cameos and descendants galore - I refuse to believe that the children of that miracle class haven't made a name for themselves
This sequel is less answers than questions
Help
Negi where are you

0 comments:
Post a Comment