December 11, 2013

Reading Bloody Monday right now and I'm just kind of praying I can find some kind of spoiler wiki so I can just get it over with already instead of keeping me in this half alive state of tension and suspense. It's reached the point where the mastermind is talking to this random guy, Judas and his reflection is shown in the window and I'm just like 'am I supposed to be shocked now? Is he one of the allies too? I don't even anymore'.
It's kinda like it's gotten me so tense that I've just been pushed off the cliff I was hanging onto and into a chasm of indifference. The biggest shock I got was K's true identity, and the thing is I was spoiled about it which made the whole 'get the antivirus to save Anko' affair terrible and great to read.
And does it make me a terrible person if I feel like this whole operation would be twelve hundred times easier and over eleventy billion times faster if Haruka just died from the get-go? I know, it's terrible, but I can't help it! In a situation where so many lives are on the line, and so many people are standing up and doing their best, Haruka can actually make the decision to escape from a heavily guarded hospital to see her brother? Like mate, you need some special medication every three days which is like a godsend to terrorists because they don't even have to try to kill her and you know your brother can be forced into things if you're held hostage because it's happened like half a dozen times by now . And yet, you will still wander around. Why. I guess I just don't like the same plot device reused over and over, the same 'you have to do what we say because we've kidnapped your sister...again!' It's like Seto and Mokuba, from YGO. 'Maybe I should consider getting him a leash'. And a tiny part of me is also kind of disgruntled that she gets one of the prettiest badasses, Otoya, as a love interest without her doing anything but be a damsel in distress.
The thing with Hornet was anti-climatic to say the least.
J was fucking cool though. I mean, yeah creepy as hell in the beginning, but once he was more anti-hero he was major coolness.
Despite the fact that I became numb to the tension and high stakes plot developments eventually, they were pretty tough at the beginning. The whole 'secret behind the Christmas Massacre' thing? Oh man I probably would've had an aneurysm if the series wasn't completed. One of the things I love is the fact that even though Fujimaru can come up with genius solutions, the big bads are usually magnificent bastards themselves so its hard to get a definite victory one way or another. It keeps the tension up to eleven, even if its terrible for my heart.
(I also like those Save the Earth t-shirts with the falcon symbol from the dorama, but it's so BLOODY HARD just to find anyone mention those shirts, never mind selling them.)

I'll take five.
Bloody Monday 2
There are three fucking seasons to this manga?! The only reason I even started reading it was Oh hey look there's only 96 chapters I could to that in a day. I didn't sign up for this shit.
Boy, it's the only the first chapter but I'll sit you down and tell you a thing: One, The Call Knows Where You Live. Two, are you fucking kidding me? Are you fucking kidding me? I'm saying it twice because are you fucking kidding me? The only cool thing about you was your hacking thing, and like ugh I know its a commonly used cliche where the guy goes into retirement all like oh no I'm totes not doing it but ugh really?! Without the hacking you're about as useful as your sister.
Okay so like Fujimaru's not hacking and his dad is a terrorist. Sigh, I can feel the armour of indifference coming on to help protect me from the plot twists already. And he's still hacking. Okay. Sure. Whatever, at least Otoya's still handsome and badass.
It's a pity they wrote Aoi out and replaced her with Hibiki. I was looking forward to shipping her .
It's terrible how apparently the entire country rests on the shoulders of a kid with a computer. Like I understand that's the point of this series but stuff like biological weapons, nuclear reactors, it's kind of big scale to expect literally no one else in Japan to stop it?? And his dad just died so that's kind of like the only useful adult gone?
You realize CPR actually working also requires you to probably crush her ribs right? My reaction to this whole Hibiki/Fujimura thing: what the fuck? I- you know what, never mind. Okay. Sure. Whatever.
Okay I sat through your gambits, I sat through your stupid love interests, I sat through stereotypical Americans but I cannot sit through the fact that you think that firing every nuclear missile in the United States is easy as stealing a fucking box. Like what the actual fuck? You think that a country with nuclear missiles at all would have only one level of security and that level being translated as push the button on a fucking box?It's called a nuclear football, and it's carried around by an aide. If the President decides on launching, the aide contacts the military command centre. But not before they verify all the codes like the one on a card that the President carries around and even then, while the President can order the release, it must be confirmed by the Secretary of Defence. There are also multiple footballs. Kind of ruins the whole 'we must go through this convoluted gambit pile up to get to the President's Pandora Box'. Not to mention, as TV Tropes pointed out, if someone would contact the Pentagon that Peter Pan is after the box, then they could just ignore authorization from it. Because you know, that's what it does. Give authorization. Amazing isn't it, that the world does actually not allow one guy to travel around with a button that destroys the world. Fascinating. I'm sorry this level of bullshit I will not take. Leaving some college kid with a computer to stop viruses and nuclear reactors and radioactive bombs, fine. But assuming that one guy in the United States has a big button that fires all their nuclear missiles if pushed? No. Okay, just not.
Can I just get J back?

Bloody Monday 3
That awkward moment when the synopsis is a spoiler "It has been a year since Fujimura Takagi disappeared and now he has appeared once again, as a terrorist". Excuse me what? So he's working with J and Hibiki as a terrorist against Third-I. Well...J's back. So yeah, whatever. Sure.
I really liked the bond between Otoya and Fujimaru. It's so easy to have him do a face heel turn, especially with all the information he has as the 'backup'. It's interesting because you remember the stupid kid who feigned ignorance over firing a pervert teacher before it got all world-endingly serious. Still not loving Haruka or Hibiki, but eh. I do love Mikhail and J too, they seem similar to Otoya and Fujimaru but with even more tease. Wow I like the male bonding in this series way more than the canonical couples. But it's not easy to like them! Haruka who did nothing but get captured and had no other meaningful interaction with Otoya besides being his best friend's sister is a love interest. Hibiki who had no other meaningful interaction with Fujimaru besides working at the same store, then almost drowning is a love interest. Like okay I guess if Fujimaru was suddenly so moved by her being scared, or saving his life even though she straight up told him it was for his mission. Yeah I just don't like the main couples. But Minami's one of my favourites, she kicks ass hard, she's one of the few Fujimura can trust, she genuinely cares for his well-being and I like her little thing with Kusunoki. There are fab female characters. I guess it's mainly because Hibiki and Haruka just makes the guys, especially Fujimaru, act kind of pathetic. Harsh I know, but at least there was a level of understanding no matter how terrible it was with Haruki but that one year scruff and madman attitude from losing Hibiki? Boy you lost your father and you reacted better than that. Ugh, whatever. Whenever I get worked up about this manga I have an automatic response to slip into indifference again. Yeah, sure, do whatever.
Thanks J, for getting him to shave. I knew you were good for this story.
UGHHHHHHHHHH the sound I made when Haruka used herself as a hostage so Otoya could get away. Right after I just finished saying how much I like the bond of trust between Otoya and Fujimura. Right after the whole spiel about Haruka. UGHHHHHHHHHHHH zen breaths. Yes that's why Fujimura told you to fucking trust him not fucking screw it up like I literally do not know what you are trying to accomplish Haruka. You know Otoya's gonna try and save you and you being bait is exactly what the enemy would want I just - UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I was just into Otoya and Fujimura's brotp before but seeing their love interests lets just have the two bromance into the sunset by themselves.
Was three seasons really necessary? Couldn't you just put everything into one long series? I mean Season Three happened in one freaking tower alone.
Okay so I'll have to admit, J and Fujimura and Otoya make one fineeeeeee image. Mm yeah those three posing together is definitely to my taste.
What can't they just get some dick to the Hibiki clones too? Because that's essentially her character story wasn't it? She was evil but then she fell in love so all her issues went away. I'm trying not to be overtly feminist here with Hibiki but...
Good job showing up there at the end Aoi.

Quick sentences to sum up my reading experience so I don't have to use the series review tag:
1. Maybe you should've quit while you were ahead and stopped at the first season.
2. Thank god all three seasons were completed when I read it.

0 comments:

Labels

manga (78) anime (64) episodic rant (40) series review (34) mahou sensei negima (12) shipping (12) shounen (12) Naruto (10) games (9) movie (9) live action (8) star driver (8) Bleach (7) ending (7) haikyuu!! (7) one piece (7) detective conan (6) haruhi suzumiya (6) kpop (6) kuroshitsuji (6) shoujo (6) twgok (6) Durarara (5) Katekyo Hitman Reborn (5) Liar Game (5) first impressions (5) fullmetal alchemist (5) light novel (5) 07-Ghost (4) Fairy Tail (4) la corda d'oro (4) season two (4) shugo chara (4) sports (4) D.Grayman (3) OVA (3) angel beats (3) avatar (3) code geass (3) final fantasy (3) kuroko no basket (3) shota (3) tcg/ccg (3) uq holder (3) webtoon (3) Blade of the Immortal (2) CLAMP (2) Inuyasha (2) Kenichi (2) Kobato (2) Magi Labyrinth of Magic (2) Medaka Box (2) Munto (2) alice in the country of hearts (2) animation (2) awards (2) black butler (2) character rankings (2) eyeshield 21 (2) harem (2) higashi no eden (2) hunter x hunter (2) immortal rain (2) korean (2) loli (2) mahou shojo (2) maria+holic (2) natsume yuujincho (2) otome youkai zakuro (2) samurai deeper kyo (2) series comparison (2) shinrei tantei yakumo (2) super junior (2) sword art online (2) tower of god (2) 200 pounds beauty (1) 2014 (1) Code Breaker (1) Hana to Akuma (1) Harukanaru Toki no Naka de (1) IRIS (1) Kaitai Shinsho Zero (1) Kekkaishi (1) Kyou Koi wo Haijimemasu (1) Say I Love You (1) Shaman King (1) Tokyo Mew Mew (1) accel world (1) ah my goddess (1) anohana (1) bakemonogatari (1) bloody monday (1) boys love (1) brs (1) chrono crusade (1) comic book (1) cooking (1) disappearance of haruhi suzumiya (1) doctor who (1) doujinshi (1) fate/stay night (1) free! (1) gaiden (1) ghibli (1) glass mask (1) hatenkou yuugi (1) hellboy (1) k-on (1) kamisama hajimemashita (1) kanata kara (1) love live (1) magical girl lyrical nanoha (1) makoto shinkai (1) mamoru hosoda (1) mei-chan no shitsuji (1) one punch man (1) psycho pass (1) puella magi madoka magica (1) reverse harem (1) rpg (1) sailor moon (1) saint young men (1) saiunkoku monogatari (1) saki (1) series recommendation (1) sherlock holmes (1) shokugeki no soma (1) slam dunk (1) soul eater (1) spring 2015 (1) story tropes (1) suikoden tierkreis (1) suisei no garugantia (1) tekken (1) the elder scrolls (1) toradora (1) until death do us part (1) vampire game (1) vampire juuji kai (1) visual novel (1) yozakura quartet (1) yugioh (1) zombie loan (1)

Popular Posts