January 17, 2014

You could've had it allllll.
100% sure watching Kuroko no Basket would ruin me.

I've always had it on my to watch list, abit a little low. I think a part of it stems from the fact that I tend to stay away from shows I know I'll obsess over. I only started recently being more interested in Kuroba thanks to...a pairing! Shocking, I know. Yet another entry in the 'ships in shows I don't watch'. The ship, which came from one fanart (thanks pixiv for always ruining my life one way or another -whether it's having too much ship fuel or too little), was Aomine and Momoi. Then of course I had to go find fanfics, doujinishi, fanart etcetera as I travelled down this well worn path. And along the way I started shipping Momoi with everyone and Kuroko with everyone and I also realized that watching the show would totally ruin me.

Because I've already fallen in love with Generation of Miracles. It's too late. That ultimate A-Team of fictional husbands who are terrible in their coolness. And I've actually read a bit of Kuroba, so I already know that from the start I would already be ruined because they're separated. They seem like they would be such good nakamas but no, they choose to be life-ruiningly apart. I've only vaguely remember reading it until Kise comes visiting. And so what if I watch the show and Momoi isn't as cute as she seems? What if that Bishounen Kiseki no Sedai all hate each other when they could be best friends forever? What if that Generation of Miracles who made me love them even through fanfiction and fanart make me even sadder over the fact that all of them are fictional but more importantly not together??? I mean I truly wish for the Miracle Gen to be together forever and be best friends but at the same time I also want Kagami to be there!
As much as we want to go back to those days, we have to keep moving forward. And while that's sad, it's also what allows us to make new bonds, and discover more experiences. Ughh...the dilemma that is fictional boys and their tragic backstories. Because of course it's sad that a team that experienced so much together should grow apart and start seeing each other with hate. But at the same time, it's only going through that, then going their own ways and meeting new people that they were able to develop even further. And in some ways, their reunions afterwards are so much more meaningful thanks to it. I-I don't even know what I want anymore, I just want them all to be happyyy I cry as I break down sobbing.
And that is the power of these people, that I could have all these feels while not watching a single episode. These...tall...fit...handsome...fictional boys...(It helps that all of them are hot as hell). Imagine the devastation if I actually did. Which brings me back to my original point: 100000% sure Kuroba would ruin me.

Edit: Okay I totally went and read Kuroba hahah guess what IT RUINED ME.
And I didn't even read the whole thing I just read the Teikou arc and wow haha fuck you all for being the best you could be then breaking it apart and it's like ugh babies why. I've fallen in love with Kuroko, and Momoi and Akashi and Aomine and Kise and Mukkun and Midorin and all that they were and all that they could've been and all that they might yet be fuck I'm crying again.
And like gosh every chapter starts with taglines like 'the time when the miracles learned about the world together' or 'those sunny days that will never return' like FUCK YOU SO HARD like it wasn't bad enough reading about it you put it into the most heartbreaking words possible???
It's like I said above, before ever having actually read anything, it's sad because you know they could've been the best together. But the way that life works, circumstances of fate like the head coach retiring, things that they wish they could've unsaid, they weren't able to be the best together. And as much as you wish they could return to those days, it doesn't always work out like that. Things happened, and they separated, but that doesn't mean they can't be their best again even if it's not the way you imagined it. They can still be great with new friends, new teammates and they can be their best. And maybe that's for the best as well, that they can meet as separate people. Free from that oppressive label called the Generation of Miracles, they can be their best again, and maybe as friends again.
I just have a lot of feels for these stupid boys
'The basketball that Kuroko plays' rather than Kuroko's Basketball. It's significant not only because he found such a unique way of playing, but that his basketball is so different from the other Miragen members at the end. And it's something that he only found thanks to Akashi and being in that team of miracles. So I can just imagine, seeing his former teammates, the people with whom he grew up with and went through so much with and changing them through the only way he can - with the basketball that he plays. For him who has no presence and doesn't talk much, basketball is his way of communicating. Shaped by his time in Teikou, then growing even more through his time at Seirin, and again changing as he meets those important people again. It must be like that with everyone. Those boys who smiled, cried, changed and grew and are still growing and more importantly, still playing basketball. Even if they can't say it out loud, they have that one thing between them all. The basketball that they play.

See how I said 'imagine' instead of 'see' it's because I'm never reading this series ever I've had enough heartbreak and feels from one arc like what is this shit-I'm never ever reading Kuroba again. 

0 comments:

Labels

manga (78) anime (64) episodic rant (40) series review (34) mahou sensei negima (12) shipping (12) shounen (12) Naruto (10) games (9) movie (9) live action (8) star driver (8) Bleach (7) ending (7) haikyuu!! (7) one piece (7) detective conan (6) haruhi suzumiya (6) kpop (6) kuroshitsuji (6) shoujo (6) twgok (6) Durarara (5) Katekyo Hitman Reborn (5) Liar Game (5) first impressions (5) fullmetal alchemist (5) light novel (5) 07-Ghost (4) Fairy Tail (4) la corda d'oro (4) season two (4) shugo chara (4) sports (4) D.Grayman (3) OVA (3) angel beats (3) avatar (3) code geass (3) final fantasy (3) kuroko no basket (3) shota (3) tcg/ccg (3) uq holder (3) webtoon (3) Blade of the Immortal (2) CLAMP (2) Inuyasha (2) Kenichi (2) Kobato (2) Magi Labyrinth of Magic (2) Medaka Box (2) Munto (2) alice in the country of hearts (2) animation (2) awards (2) black butler (2) character rankings (2) eyeshield 21 (2) harem (2) higashi no eden (2) hunter x hunter (2) immortal rain (2) korean (2) loli (2) mahou shojo (2) maria+holic (2) natsume yuujincho (2) otome youkai zakuro (2) samurai deeper kyo (2) series comparison (2) shinrei tantei yakumo (2) super junior (2) sword art online (2) tower of god (2) 200 pounds beauty (1) 2014 (1) Code Breaker (1) Hana to Akuma (1) Harukanaru Toki no Naka de (1) IRIS (1) Kaitai Shinsho Zero (1) Kekkaishi (1) Kyou Koi wo Haijimemasu (1) Say I Love You (1) Shaman King (1) Tokyo Mew Mew (1) accel world (1) ah my goddess (1) anohana (1) bakemonogatari (1) bloody monday (1) boys love (1) brs (1) chrono crusade (1) comic book (1) cooking (1) disappearance of haruhi suzumiya (1) doctor who (1) doujinshi (1) fate/stay night (1) free! (1) gaiden (1) ghibli (1) glass mask (1) hatenkou yuugi (1) hellboy (1) k-on (1) kamisama hajimemashita (1) kanata kara (1) love live (1) magical girl lyrical nanoha (1) makoto shinkai (1) mamoru hosoda (1) mei-chan no shitsuji (1) one punch man (1) psycho pass (1) puella magi madoka magica (1) reverse harem (1) rpg (1) sailor moon (1) saint young men (1) saiunkoku monogatari (1) saki (1) series recommendation (1) sherlock holmes (1) shokugeki no soma (1) slam dunk (1) soul eater (1) spring 2015 (1) story tropes (1) suikoden tierkreis (1) suisei no garugantia (1) tekken (1) the elder scrolls (1) toradora (1) until death do us part (1) vampire game (1) vampire juuji kai (1) visual novel (1) yozakura quartet (1) yugioh (1) zombie loan (1)

Popular Posts