June 19, 2009



After much digging and searching I've finally managed to find the two OVAs of Munto in an English sub.
First OVA:
The animation could've been better, but the backgrounds were beautiful. I love the clouds, although it seems to me a bit weird that reflections could be so clear in a puddle of rainwater but I so wish that'd happen in our city. The soundtrack also wasn't all that nice, I mean, where's the dramatic music? T.T
A little more emotion could've been put into Yumemi's voice, especially when she asked Munto what she could do, because that part's like a revelation, her willingness to finally accept it. Munto, if you keep disappearing, she's never going to believe what you say >.>
I really feel like I should stress on the backgrounds, because they were really pretty. The handdrawn feel of them is amazing, plus that opening scene where the rain just stopped and the houses looked watercolor: ;D
The uniforms are nice, and Suzume's cute, but you know what...I love Munto's cape. It has like, an automatic flap-in-the-breeze function. Plus, in case of attack by ancient golem/Akuto weapon, it makes for a pretty good shield!

Crossing an obstacle together: Um....if you die then your future's looking pretty bleak. And, that girl looks like she could be eaten by a pretty big salmon.
Cars:FAIL. Was this really the extent of KyoAni's animation skills 6 years back? And did they really just spend a whole OVA waiting for Yumemi to grab Munto's hand? Why are all those people running yet going nowhere?
I know! It's like the place in the looking-glass, you have to run twice as fast to get anywhere!
Oh well at least Gus' tattoo and skills make up for it.
They need better seiyruu for Yumemi...Everytime Munto falls in front of her, I swear KyoAni uses the same clip. But from different angles. Why else would she scream and hold her arms in front of her face even though it's happened about five times already? -.-
Dying scene:If you see the guy dying, why aren't you running towards him? I think the disappearing slowed down when it got to his waist, just shut up and take his hand already!

Thank you.
Dramatic moment ruined by thought that Gunther looks like a monkey...But yayzorz!
I know what that golem/angel thing reminds me of now! THE SPIRIT OF FIRE! I bet Munto got his cape from the same guy that made Hao's cape. Hanyannn~
That's some ominous techno/native drum music for an ending where all pillars are restored. Maybe the music guy is just as annoyed as I am that we had no romantic interest between Munto and Yumemi. You better not disappoint, OVA 2!

Flowers are restored. All is at peace. Hoorayz. :D

0 comments:

Labels

manga (78) anime (64) episodic rant (40) series review (34) mahou sensei negima (12) shipping (12) shounen (12) Naruto (10) games (9) movie (9) live action (8) star driver (8) Bleach (7) ending (7) haikyuu!! (7) one piece (7) detective conan (6) haruhi suzumiya (6) kpop (6) kuroshitsuji (6) shoujo (6) twgok (6) Durarara (5) Katekyo Hitman Reborn (5) Liar Game (5) first impressions (5) fullmetal alchemist (5) light novel (5) 07-Ghost (4) Fairy Tail (4) la corda d'oro (4) season two (4) shugo chara (4) sports (4) D.Grayman (3) OVA (3) angel beats (3) avatar (3) code geass (3) final fantasy (3) kuroko no basket (3) shota (3) tcg/ccg (3) uq holder (3) webtoon (3) Blade of the Immortal (2) CLAMP (2) Inuyasha (2) Kenichi (2) Kobato (2) Magi Labyrinth of Magic (2) Medaka Box (2) Munto (2) alice in the country of hearts (2) animation (2) awards (2) black butler (2) character rankings (2) eyeshield 21 (2) harem (2) higashi no eden (2) hunter x hunter (2) immortal rain (2) korean (2) loli (2) mahou shojo (2) maria+holic (2) natsume yuujincho (2) otome youkai zakuro (2) samurai deeper kyo (2) series comparison (2) shinrei tantei yakumo (2) super junior (2) sword art online (2) tower of god (2) 200 pounds beauty (1) 2014 (1) Code Breaker (1) Hana to Akuma (1) Harukanaru Toki no Naka de (1) IRIS (1) Kaitai Shinsho Zero (1) Kekkaishi (1) Kyou Koi wo Haijimemasu (1) Say I Love You (1) Shaman King (1) Tokyo Mew Mew (1) accel world (1) ah my goddess (1) anohana (1) bakemonogatari (1) bloody monday (1) boys love (1) brs (1) chrono crusade (1) comic book (1) cooking (1) disappearance of haruhi suzumiya (1) doctor who (1) doujinshi (1) fate/stay night (1) free! (1) gaiden (1) ghibli (1) glass mask (1) hatenkou yuugi (1) hellboy (1) k-on (1) kamisama hajimemashita (1) kanata kara (1) love live (1) magical girl lyrical nanoha (1) makoto shinkai (1) mamoru hosoda (1) mei-chan no shitsuji (1) one punch man (1) psycho pass (1) puella magi madoka magica (1) reverse harem (1) rpg (1) sailor moon (1) saint young men (1) saiunkoku monogatari (1) saki (1) series recommendation (1) sherlock holmes (1) shokugeki no soma (1) slam dunk (1) soul eater (1) spring 2015 (1) story tropes (1) suikoden tierkreis (1) suisei no garugantia (1) tekken (1) the elder scrolls (1) toradora (1) until death do us part (1) vampire game (1) vampire juuji kai (1) visual novel (1) yozakura quartet (1) yugioh (1) zombie loan (1)

Popular Posts