Because the promo art looks like your average animation. But the studio is SHAFT.
If it doesn't have random gravure, random deco prints, cut outs, dramatic zooms, several billion art styles in quick succession, weird patterns, awesome typography, solid and simple colors, and strange inclusion of real life photos in it- ITS NOT SHAFT. SHAFT doing normal animation? Unthinkable! Well, maybe now that I've thought about it, it is thinkable but it's still pretty - I JUST LOST THE GAME.
And the story is about meido. Really, the only meido in my SHAFT is the awesome Matsurika from Maria+Holic.
I can't believe nobody's rushing to blog TWGOK. I mean, come on! I wonder what it would've been like if KyoAni picked it up. I mean, they've got a Yui, a Mio (+tsundere, but -hime cut) and their own afterschool teatime, the 2-B pencils. Moe blobs~ Plus Elsee in meido ;)
For TWGOK, I'd say my favorite arc was Minami, because of the different POV and how she totally glorifies Keima for once. My favorite harmette was Ayumi, because she's mildly tsundere and so cute. The most current chapters help too :3 A close second is Shiori, because mousy librarian types are cute & she's just so nice. For actual official couple though? I'm still sticking with Elsee and Keima. The first one usually wins! But introduction of childhood friend is dangerous...they might just stick Keima with Tenri because of the demon/human thing. My least favorite harmette is Jun. Teachers aren't my thing, and her personality isn't the greatest either.
TWGOK is actually really well done. The former all girl school set up is a little overdone, but I liked explaining the runaway spirits hiding in girls. It gives a pausible explanation for the urgency of the task, the awesome fantasy elements, and the whole galge set up.
The harmettes I'd like to see would be archery, meido, student council, yakuza, nekomimi...stapler girl.
ANYWAYS, moving on.
The premise of Hyakka Ryouran Samurai girls would be more interesting if it didn't involve ecchi (&therefore well-endowed girls dressed in weird costumes spending the entire series destroying said costumes). Or if it involved some PUT YA GUNZ ON. jkjk. Mostly.
I will not watch Star Driver just because it's animated by Bones. Or even though it's animated by Bones. My dislike for mecha prevents that. Unless maybe you throw in an universe-destroying love triangle with a proper resolvement. And maybe some singing idols. And Light Yagami school of strategy level gambits. And Schizel just made an illegal move in chess. Then maybe I'll watch it.
I don't like the character designs for Otome Youkai Zakuro. I mean, drill hair! And frilly pink Meiji outfits! Unless the otome in the title leads to a reverse harem. Or by 'youkai', you mean the kind Watanuki meets, night Riku leading his parade of 1000 spirits, hot white haired bishies, the ones in the book of friends, wicked (in a good way) kodama users or a sun goddess in the shape of an adorable wolf.
Speaking of kodama users, is it just me or is the triangle between Hime, Akina and Touka like a hilariously reversed version of Kida, Mikado, and Anri? But instead of Kida and Mikado over Anri, it's more like Anri(Touka) and Kida(Hime) over Mikado(Akina) LOL. Thumbs up yet again for DRR! referencing Yozakura Quartet.
And speaking of otome, I am praying so hard for my OTP ending of Len&Kaho in La Corda. I CAN ALREADY (sort of) SEE THE ENDING! Pleaseeeeee, don't deny my fangirl ending! I squealed so hard during the last few chapters, give me my LenxKaho ending!
As for Kuragehime, I'm pretty hesitant. It's supposed to be really good..but I'm a shallower sort of viewer who likes to watch fluff in any kind of show. And there's a trap. Not a big fan of gender benders, even in my fluffy shoujo. And hey, if it's popular, maybe it sucks! Brains Base has done good things lately though...will stalk aniblogs to find out.
Read the manga for Bakuman, but wasn't as hooked as everyone else, even if Obata-sensei is like, god. I'll probably watch the ending though, to see the anime take on the manga which doesn't seem to be ending.
I knew about TWGOK being animated for fall, so I was super hyped up for it to show up on all the fall preview posts. But OMG, I squealed so hard for Shinrei Tantei Yakumo. It's getting animated!! So for good measure, kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ^u^ The TRC anime was a bit screwed up by Brains Base...so I hope they do a good job on this one.
Unrelated note to finish off, Konami code for Reader is the best Easter egg ever.
0 comments:
Post a Comment