November 13, 2011

Harmettes. I usually don't like harem mangas, but there are exceptions. (read: Negima! & TWGOK) Unlike reverse harems, I don't have a particular set stereotype (tall, dark, tsundere, silent, long hair, black hair, sword wielding, white wings, slit eyes, tragic backstory, complete emo, black suits KTHXBAI) There are also mangas with so many characters that it can end up being sorta harem anyways.
In TWGOK, I had said that my favorite pairing is Elsee, my favorite harmette is Ayumi, and my favorite arc is Minami. That is still true. But in the anime, I'm starting to adore Kanon's arc. I didn't really like her whole yandere thing but, she's so deredere in the later arcs. Love her montage of idol activities, and her catchy Jpop songs. Plus she's just cute. ;D
In Naruto, I actually don't hate Sakura. I mean, she stood up and learned a thing or two. It just took a little bit of annoying fangirl stage to reach it. Same with Hinata. I'm a sucker for weak girls that undergo a training montage and show up several levels in badass later. I've already got my dream pairings for the original Konoha Genin. Namely SasuSaku, NaruHina, ShikaTema, NejiTen...although I wouldn't mind NejiHina. Because of that one clip from that one episode where Neji was slightly surprised by Hinata's mobility. That my friends, is all it takes for a shipper. That is all. (The fact that both Hyuuga cousins are beautiful helps)
In Bleach my favorite female character is hands down Rukia. IchiRuki all the way. I don't really know why, as Rukia's CMoAs fall a bit short for me, and she's always getting impaled by something, and therefore getting saved by various guys, but I prefer Rukia...at least over Orihime. I can't put my finger on it either, but I don't really like Orihime.
In Negima! I don't really like Asuna. Too classic tsundere for me. I love Nodoka, Ako, Yue, Chachamaru, Chisame and sometimes Eva. "Boyaa"~ Actually ignore that sometimes. Loved Nodoka for being brave all the time in love and battle, Ako for accepting Negi, Yue for leveling up after anemisa, Chachamaru for being a blushing robot, Chisame in the second Tournament arc for being Negi's moral support, and Eva for that 'Boyaaa"
In Code Geass CCxLelouch is the only ending I will accept. No Kallen, no. Ugh why can't all the wild mass guessing about Lulu driving the cart be real?!

0 comments:

Labels

manga (78) anime (64) episodic rant (40) series review (34) mahou sensei negima (12) shipping (12) shounen (12) Naruto (10) games (9) movie (9) live action (8) star driver (8) Bleach (7) ending (7) haikyuu!! (7) one piece (7) detective conan (6) haruhi suzumiya (6) kpop (6) kuroshitsuji (6) shoujo (6) twgok (6) Durarara (5) Katekyo Hitman Reborn (5) Liar Game (5) first impressions (5) fullmetal alchemist (5) light novel (5) 07-Ghost (4) Fairy Tail (4) la corda d'oro (4) season two (4) shugo chara (4) sports (4) D.Grayman (3) OVA (3) angel beats (3) avatar (3) code geass (3) final fantasy (3) kuroko no basket (3) shota (3) tcg/ccg (3) uq holder (3) webtoon (3) Blade of the Immortal (2) CLAMP (2) Inuyasha (2) Kenichi (2) Kobato (2) Magi Labyrinth of Magic (2) Medaka Box (2) Munto (2) alice in the country of hearts (2) animation (2) awards (2) black butler (2) character rankings (2) eyeshield 21 (2) harem (2) higashi no eden (2) hunter x hunter (2) immortal rain (2) korean (2) loli (2) mahou shojo (2) maria+holic (2) natsume yuujincho (2) otome youkai zakuro (2) samurai deeper kyo (2) series comparison (2) shinrei tantei yakumo (2) super junior (2) sword art online (2) tower of god (2) 200 pounds beauty (1) 2014 (1) Code Breaker (1) Hana to Akuma (1) Harukanaru Toki no Naka de (1) IRIS (1) Kaitai Shinsho Zero (1) Kekkaishi (1) Kyou Koi wo Haijimemasu (1) Say I Love You (1) Shaman King (1) Tokyo Mew Mew (1) accel world (1) ah my goddess (1) anohana (1) bakemonogatari (1) bloody monday (1) boys love (1) brs (1) chrono crusade (1) comic book (1) cooking (1) disappearance of haruhi suzumiya (1) doctor who (1) doujinshi (1) fate/stay night (1) free! (1) gaiden (1) ghibli (1) glass mask (1) hatenkou yuugi (1) hellboy (1) k-on (1) kamisama hajimemashita (1) kanata kara (1) love live (1) magical girl lyrical nanoha (1) makoto shinkai (1) mamoru hosoda (1) mei-chan no shitsuji (1) one punch man (1) psycho pass (1) puella magi madoka magica (1) reverse harem (1) rpg (1) sailor moon (1) saint young men (1) saiunkoku monogatari (1) saki (1) series recommendation (1) sherlock holmes (1) shokugeki no soma (1) slam dunk (1) soul eater (1) spring 2015 (1) story tropes (1) suikoden tierkreis (1) suisei no garugantia (1) tekken (1) the elder scrolls (1) toradora (1) until death do us part (1) vampire game (1) vampire juuji kai (1) visual novel (1) yozakura quartet (1) yugioh (1) zombie loan (1)

Popular Posts