![]() |
| Just answer your fucking denwa Kyon. |
'Here we go again' indeed. Well this was a Mikuru centric episode I think. The whole time travel thing is kind of interesting, but what was more interesting was the feeling of seeing the SOS dan again. Although their art style has changed definitely. Reminds me more of K-on and Hyouka now. And we see Mikuru in meido pouring tea, cowering and tearful, and confident in the future. We see Itsuki playing games, Nagato reading and generally being such a badass broken character. And as always Kyon's infalliable snarker narration. Loved the instant 'John Smith' and Mikuru explanation he gave. And the story was pretty cool too, how Kyon is literally the prepertrator behind everything. You complain about how Haruhi ruins your life? YOUR FAULT. ALL of it. And when Nagato translated the tanabata message "I'm here." That's the feeling of your heart going out to that brown haired girl wearing the same ribbon in her hair.
Endless Eight
I've been around the Internet to know where this arc is going so I'll just skip ahead to the 8th episode from here. This arc didn't have too much in terms of story and was more like cute girls doing cute things. Although I feel like I should point out that I've never done summer-y things like that. If that is really the summer of a typical Japanese high schooler then the Americas have some really deprived childhoods.
Endless Eight 2
Well this is the one where they find out that they've been repeating two weeks for 500 or so years. And also the one where Koizumi manages to be both hot and outrageously gay at the same time. "I love you"? If it were anybody else I'd start shipping Haruhi and Koizumi but just typing that out felt kind of weird. Koizumi and Kyon...less weird. Mostly because of scene on the balcony and all those other scenes where his face gets too close to Kyon and there's wind blowing in their hair and idk. Still hot though.
Endless Eight 8
KYON KUN DENWA. Clap clap, you did it Kyon. I think this was the only episode of Haruhi Suzumiya that I actually watched by skipping ahead. And that's something since I dl episodes for the sole reason of not having to wait for it to load to skip. And I don't know if its just me or are they putting the finishing touch on the overt homosexual tension between Koizumi and Kyon in this arc, but staying behind to play poker with Koizumi? Not to mention that look Koizumi gave him when he finally broke the arc? Talking about that moment though I think we felt the same relief they did. While not like repeating 500 years again, it was still like repeating 240 minutes. If this is KyoAni's true aim I don't know if I should congratulation them or not considering the massive troll. I guess in hindsight, watching not as a hardcore original series fan, it was a supposedly brilliant move of directing. I mean I can just hear it now, "endless eight...oh my god why don't we do eight episodes?" But the thing is, I'd rather have eight episodes of the original I to VI. And Haruhi is one of those legendary otaku series and you can't become one without serious otaku fans. But for those fans who waited for a new series for 3 years only to be trolled by having 8 almost identical episodes of cute girls and suspiciously gay guys doing cute things and putting their faces too close to each other...welp. KYON KYUN DENWA.
The Sigh of Suzumiya Haruhi 1
I'm just totally confused by the weird episode lineup. I mean it was bad enough when I got to VI and realized that it wasn't the last episode but kind of was? But now I'm really glad I watched it in the proper order, because the 2009 series is messing it up. I was totally confused by the cultural festival because didn't they already have it? At least I didn't watch the already made movie as the first episode of the series.
The Sight of Suzumiya Haruhi 2
What would you call Haruhi? A tsundere? I guess, but she's not a classic one. If such classics are like the ones voiced by Rie Kugimiya. But her jealousy and dere moments are quite cute to see, like paying for the bus fare because Kyon had matching clothes. Isn't that so normal and adorable? Happy because they have couple clothes~ While Kyon is completely oblivious whether by choice or naturally, and totally focused on Mikuru. But the thing is, his affection for Mikuru is pretty obvious (meaning I'm so not looking forward to that Itsuki kissing scene) but the thing he has with Haruhi is something deeper. Still, Kyon can switch from deadpan snarker to "I think you're cuter without glasses" "You have a star shaped mole here right?" "That hair looks good on you" AT A MOMENT'S NOTICE. Fuck, Kyon is the real mystery here. We don't even know his freaking name. But I'd rather he just get together with Haruhi.
The Sigh of Suzumiya Haruhi 3
More of Nagato being badass in this episode. I like her better than Mikuru actually, because I enjoy her usefulness and her technobabble better than Mikuru's cowering tears. I guess I'm not a big fan of moe? Or maybe I just feel that she's getting in the way of my OTP big time. I also like it whenever something happens that makes Koizumi lose his smile for even just a second, like when Mikuru started firing actual beams from her eyes. But Kyon was seriously mad at Haruhi's unreasonable tanrum thing about the eye beam. Makes me wonder how they managed to finish filming the whole thing.
The Sigh of Suzumiya Haruhi 4
AHH look at my precious OTP. Gosh they keep teasing us with those little bits of Haruhi/Kyon. But I'd also be lying if I said there wasn't that little part of me that wanted Kyon to hit her. Just a bit. I mean you have to admit she's kind of like a spoiled brat, except one that can literally change the world to fit her style. (My World, My Way?) But it's also kind of sweet how Kyon got angry at Taniguichi and in his usual deadpan manner went to cheer her up. I swear he's a bit of a tsuntsun too. And when he opened the door and Haruhi was trying to put her hair up in a ponytail oh my kokoro. And the cut immediately to Koizumi was so cute how Haruhi got so happy she made flowers bloom. Gosh she can be a world ending brat but so dere at the same time. And Kyon can be interested in all the other girls but eventually I'll get my Haruhi/Kyon endgame.
The Sigh of Suzumiya Haruhi 5
Not enough talking cat.
Talking cat was the best. Not enough Nagato being badass. Plenty of Koizumi being suspicious in more ways than one. What was he talking about with the gratitude anyways? And Mikuru being Mikuru and Kyon and his endless supply of snarks not to mention saving the world yet again by saying something seemingly meaningless to Haruhi. And we finally saw the scene at the end of VI when he and Haruhi meet up. And appropriately enough, everything ends with a tsundere Haruhi and a facepalm from Kyon.
I guess this is sort of a full circle for KyoAni, but I have to say I liked the 2006 series a bit more, probably because of episodes I to VI. But I enjoyed watching the Kyon/Haruhi interaction during the Sigh, and the time travel bit in Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody. I shouldn't need to say anything about Endless Eight of course, but I think it would've been nicer had they just shown everything in chronological order right from the beginning. Well, there's always the light novels~!

0 comments:
Post a Comment