![]() |
| When you have so many pictures of your ship you can't choose which one to use |
So I started shipping Rin and Archer together because of a random fanart (or was it doujinshi) that I saw, even though I've never watched Fate/Stay Night and actually have no idea what the plot was. In other words, I had an OTP in a show I don't watch. I'd like to say this is ridiculous but what's really ridiculous is the frequency with which this happens.
So for pretty much a week I was finding fanfictions, doujinishi, fanart and AMVs for those two all without actually watching the show. And of course collecting ALL OF THE SPOILERS. Which leads me to agree with the foreword of a certain doujinishi artist:
"Aah...Rin, you're cute!! Cute and strong, you're the best! And even more, the set of you and Archer is to my taste...It's okay isn't it? Archer x Rin is the bestttt!! And so, Archer x Rin is the main. Shirou x Saber is also good, but Shirou x Rin is a little complicated. Giving Rin to Shirou is, for some reason, a little vexing. Even though Archer would be fine...it's strange."
That's what I'm talking about right there! This woman understands my heart! Even before I had even seen any actual canon, I completely agreed with her! Well I just finished reading what's scanlated of the F/SN manga and filling whatever's left from the FSN Wikia. And I still completely agree with her! Shirou and Saber make a good couple, especially imagining how shy and blush-y they'd be trying to be an adorkable couple. And obviously since they followed the Fate route, it was totally meant to be. I liked the ending where they meet again in Avalon and live happily ever after. I did not like the part where Archer died and Rin didn't even cry or angst for a chapter. I feed on angst okay? I don't even want your happiness. Although I liked the exchange when Archer asked Rin if he could defeat Berserker, because it was shippy and beautiful. But then he dies in like, every route! Why would you even do that?! I hate it when dying gets in the way of my OTPs! (Recently I've been griping about UlqiOri & NnoiNel.)
To begin with, Shirou is completely different from Archer. I think it might be the appeal of a mature man, or maybe that's my usual preference of the cold ice prince types acting up again. Any moment when Rin is tsundere around Archer gives me paroxysms of shippy bliss. And to think I was so looking forward to Unlimited Blade Works route. I mean, it would give me the Rin & Archer screentime that I so desperately crave, but it would also mean giving Rin to Shirou and that's just wrong. It's weird, I don't like it! Telling her to watch over 'him'. BUT IT'S JUST NOT THE SAMEEEEEE. I was having a fit just looking at the screenshot of Archer with his hair down. Don't do thatttttttt! What's wrong with just letting Archer have a happy ending with Rin? They already have the matchy couple clothes. Shirou can just go copulate with Saber, or Sakura or something!
Unfortunately between stuff like his eventual non-existence every route, her preferring Saber, him betraying her, her ordering him to 'die', him having her listed as his natural enemy and the tricky problem of him being the same goddamn person technically as Shirou ---- whatever I'll get a Reality Marble and create my own route! UNLIMITED SHIP WORKS: I don't just have ships, I have a goddamn naval fleet.

0 comments:
Post a Comment