I really like seeing the polls that the magazine runs. Like I'm always surprised that Gokudera is so high on popularity. (Although tying up his hair in a ponytail definitely helps). I'd be surprised that Reborn is lower, but I'm more for Adult!Reborn anyways. Not surprisingly that Hibari is so high though, or Mukuro (since I love them too :3).
I also completely agree with the Dream Match-Ups. Giotto vs Tsuna? Yes please. Adult!Reborn vs TYL!Tsuna? OH GOD YES. And as for the power rankings, I'd probably Tsuna first, then Reborn and Hibari. Tsuna because he's a shounen protagonist and therefore he can beat anybody. And even though Hibari's the strongest of the Guardians (and sometimes totally broken, especially TYL) Reborn's a mentor figure which means he can't lose to him. I spent most of the Reborn vs Iemitsu fight drooling over Adult!Reborn.
But maybe it's a good thing that the Future Arc didn't show us TYL!Tsuna, because I'm pretty sure he would've been such a broken character not even funny. Not funny but probably incredibly badass and hot as hell -okay nvm I changed my mind they totally should've had TYL!Tsuna can you imagine his face in HDWM. It already kills me everytime in normal Tsuna. He goes into HDWM and I'm just like uuugghhh congratulations on your face.
I really hope we get a OVA or something when the Arcobaleno tournament thing is over. I like it better then the increasingly ridiculous amounts of parallels to Generation I that we had in the Inheritance Arc. Although that arc does have Giotto you know what it doesn't have? ADULT!REBORN. Also Tsuna gathering up everyone like a boss.
I'm not sure show about the direction that the new Vongola gear is going in though. I liked some of the older, simpler designs. I liked the original idea of everyone being in the mafia and wearing rings, and I liked the original look of the Sky ring. As for the other rings, I liked the second version, the Original ones worn by Generation I. I also liked it when the X-Gloves were black, versus the mainly red scheme they have right now in the Vongola Gear.
But browsing the khr tags makes me wonder how few people in the fandom ship straight pairings. I was talking to a friend of mine about it, and while I do admit that the overwhelming male cast does it make it hard, my top 3 ships are straight. Kyoko/Tsuna, Chrome/Mukuro and Lal Mirch/Colonello.
I ship Hayato/Haru too, and if I had to pick one, then 1827 is fine too.
It's hard not to pick where other shippers might get subtext from though. I mean Gokudera/Tsuna is just asking for it, and sometimes Dino would show up with Hibari and I would just cry despairingly 'this is why people ship you!'
And this is why I have the hardest time finding gen khr fics.
I love fics that show an outsider's perspective on my favorite characters, like Tsuna after he and his Family become even more badass and famous. There's one called Bail where a mafia boss Tsuna shows up to pick up Hibari from a police station and it's the officer's perspective and I swear to god I've read that like 4 times.
And I really like R27 but not as a romantic pairing. But it seems that only when I'm specifically not looking for them does it seem like there are way too many romance centric fics.
Why can't we all just be friends.
Kyouya is just a ball of contradictions. He's supposed to be not tied down by anything, yet he devotes his life to one place. He's supposed to hate groups, yet he's the leader of a giant committee. He's supposed to be the solitary cloud but his clouds have the power of aggregation. He's supposed to hate herbivores, but he loves tiny veggie eating animals.
Maybe I'm just reading too much into it. Maybe I'm just really in love with him.
Okay maybe that.
And in love with his voice ohmygod "Wao" & him and Mukuro singing Sakura Addiction. (●♡∀♡)
At one point I was watching the Future Arc and TYL!Hibari shows up and uuuughhh he got so hot I threw a packet of soy sauce at the screen. (That wasn't a metaphor by the way) Though the anime can get a lot more long winded (the only reason I'm on the future arc is because of constant skipping) it does give more screentime to say, Giotto. Unf that Primo. I love how Tsuna's like fuck your Vongola and he's like kay you pass. But by this point he literally has no excuse not to inherit. He's passed the traditional trial, gotten approval from the previous bosses, and wears the Vongola sign on the back of his hand. Said Vongola sign also changes from I to X depending on the technique he's using, the Primo's or his as the Decimo's. Not to mention his future self is already the Decimo, and to the rest of the world he pretty much put his life at stake to fight a succession war with Xanxus. I'd be pretty confused too if he was all like nope, not Vongola.
That one time lancer guy from the base infiltration just got even more hammy with voice added. The rule in shounen seems to be the more muscular and big a guy is, the less important and dangerous he is. If you see a little girl or a thin bishounen that's when you have to watch out. Reasons why Tsuna is tiny, even among the rest of his middle schooler friends, yet he kicks the most ass. Also Reborn and the Arcobaleno but that's more of a technicality.
Oh my gosh two seconds of Adult!Reborn talking in a flashback without showing his eyes this is exactly what I watched the anime for. (Sadly only half of that is sarcasm) But verbal tics are far more annoying in anime, like dattebayo, or kora.
"Sir the video is too short, the data doesn't show where the Vongola Tenth fell" Yes but it's long enough to show how fucking awesome he is! ;DDD
Oh god I can't believe Tsuna spent like five billion episodes trying to put on contacts. I mean I kind of figured that would be the reason why but still it's been like how many episodes? And as a person who wears them, wouldn't they have dried out long before? I first wore hard contact lens in grade 5 gosh Tsuna maybe you should go into HDWM and put them on. And this virtual reality thing is just somewhat hard to swallow. "Virtual reality is just like reality!" Did the definition of 'virtual' change sometime between dot hack and sword art?
HAHA for some reason the multiplying cloud hedgehog part got funnier animated. Maybe it was the cute 'hyuuuuu' sound it makes, especially when it was panicking. And the long pan shot of the hedgehog and Hibari's face when it realizes who it just stabbed.
As I rewatch this I am increasingly in disbelief at Irie's acting ability. It just makes it kind of a stretch to think that TYL!Tsuna actually planned this with Irie and TYL!Hibari. And that actually Byakuran knew that they were going to betray him so he hid the real six Funeral Wreaths. And that Uni actually knew that Byakuran knew so she hid her heart and pretended to be controlled. And that Byakuran actually knew that Uni knew that Byakuran knew that Irie knew and was actually trying to get all three Sky rings together. Really guys?
Oh man in the Arcobaleno trials when Skull shows up and Tsuna is all appropriately badass it just reminds you of how far this series has diverged from the original gag-type manga. Before when they defeated Skull by making his hand all deformed now Tsuna's all flames and serious business. OMG THAT WAS HOT THAT WAS HOT. When he stops Mukuro and Hibari and Hibari's like "Wao" and Mukuro's like "Hohh" and Tsuna's like "Stop" and I'm like "FUCK YEAH LIKE A BOSS". And Mukuro hnnnngggg he's so concerned about Chrome and he even asks Tsuna to protect her laksdjfaslkdfa. And Tsuna's all worried about this guy who took out three of his friends, possessed them and try to kill him. This is why you love him. "He was able to make two guys who absolutely refuse to follow anybody back down."
This series is so sexist LOL. There was this slightly out of context quote from Kyoko and Haru and they're like "We're sorry for leaving the kitchen". But most of the girls are pushed to support roles. Kyoko and Haru always takes care of housework, Lal Mirch is sick in bed, Chrome's pretty weak without Mukuro, Yuni hasn't really done anything action-y, Adelheid got seriously outclassed by Hibari even though she was more powerful several chapters ago, I-Pin only when it's the TYL version, and Bianchi was only used in battle once during the Kokuyo arc.
Oh my god the 14th ED just killed me. It is literally my favorite ending right now. Seriously. Everybody in suits? That last shot of Tsuna in HDWM as a mafia boss surrounded by his Family? alsdkfjawlefkasdflkjasdf. alkdsfja. glakdsfd.
Haha I love that you hear this giant boom, big bang, earthquakes and everyone's like whoa wtf and five seconds later Tsuna "I've broken out of the illusion". Wao.
Hnnnng five seconds of that beautiful voice being TYL!Tsuna. This is clearly what I've watched 175 episodes for. (Again, sadly that is only partly sarcasm)
What I am watching it for is definitely Generation I though! Giotto and Tsuna have the same voices *dokidoki*
Awww Primo has to seal Tsuna's hyper intuition. I don't know why but I find that really cute. But unf Giotto is so good looking. And Fon and Uri shaking their heads at Gokudera is so cute too. But I really dislike the original Gokudera. He's too loud being all Juudiame and whatever like please tell me you have other goals in life. He just acts like Tsuna is some sort of a god all the time and added onto with his attitude and loudness it just gets on my nerves. Although I guess that gets better, judging from G and what we've seen of TYL!Gokudera.
Omg LOL I-Pin during the Cloud Guardian test as she looks from Alaude to Hibari to Fon. It's okay I-Pin we'd all be like that.
Man Chrome is always getting possessed by pineapples.
But the anime seems to push Mukuro's affection for Chrome a lot more than the manga at this stage.
What I love about the finale Future battle is that we keep getting commentary from the people watching and you see his friends, his allies, his previous enemies all going like "Wao" because they're seeing how awesomely badass Tsuna is. This is the guy that defeated and befriended you all with his power and they know it. But even in the anime Reborn's is still the best. "The job of defeating you belongs to my student, Tsuna!" And of course all those split screens of everyone's reactions. I love it.
WHAT WAS UP WITH THAT OVA. It was so random and weird and the hot springs scene was just like lolwtf. Although it did include half naked bishounen and TYL!everyone (except for Tsuna goddamn it)
I think the best part about the anime was really its length, unless you watch it like me, because otherwise the time it takes to watch it makes you form sort of a bond. But it stopped at a good place, and it wasn't bad. I hope that they'll do an OVA or end series with the Inheritance Arc and the Arcobaleno Arc after the manga finishes.
Home
»
anime
»
episodic rant
»
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
»
series review
» of animated bishounen in suits
July 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
manga
(78)
anime
(64)
episodic rant
(40)
series review
(34)
mahou sensei negima
(12)
shipping
(12)
shounen
(12)
Naruto
(10)
games
(9)
movie
(9)
live action
(8)
star driver
(8)
Bleach
(7)
ending
(7)
haikyuu!!
(7)
one piece
(7)
detective conan
(6)
haruhi suzumiya
(6)
kpop
(6)
kuroshitsuji
(6)
shoujo
(6)
twgok
(6)
Durarara
(5)
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
(5)
Liar Game
(5)
first impressions
(5)
fullmetal alchemist
(5)
light novel
(5)
07-Ghost
(4)
Fairy Tail
(4)
la corda d'oro
(4)
season two
(4)
shugo chara
(4)
sports
(4)
D.Grayman
(3)
OVA
(3)
angel beats
(3)
avatar
(3)
code geass
(3)
final fantasy
(3)
kuroko no basket
(3)
shota
(3)
tcg/ccg
(3)
uq holder
(3)
webtoon
(3)
Blade of the Immortal
(2)
CLAMP
(2)
Inuyasha
(2)
Kenichi
(2)
Kobato
(2)
Magi Labyrinth of Magic
(2)
Medaka Box
(2)
Munto
(2)
alice in the country of hearts
(2)
animation
(2)
awards
(2)
black butler
(2)
character rankings
(2)
eyeshield 21
(2)
harem
(2)
higashi no eden
(2)
hunter x hunter
(2)
immortal rain
(2)
korean
(2)
loli
(2)
mahou shojo
(2)
maria+holic
(2)
natsume yuujincho
(2)
otome youkai zakuro
(2)
samurai deeper kyo
(2)
series comparison
(2)
shinrei tantei yakumo
(2)
super junior
(2)
sword art online
(2)
tower of god
(2)
200 pounds beauty
(1)
2014
(1)
Code Breaker
(1)
Hana to Akuma
(1)
Harukanaru Toki no Naka de
(1)
IRIS
(1)
Kaitai Shinsho Zero
(1)
Kekkaishi
(1)
Kyou Koi wo Haijimemasu
(1)
Say I Love You
(1)
Shaman King
(1)
Tokyo Mew Mew
(1)
accel world
(1)
ah my goddess
(1)
anohana
(1)
bakemonogatari
(1)
bloody monday
(1)
boys love
(1)
brs
(1)
chrono crusade
(1)
comic book
(1)
cooking
(1)
disappearance of haruhi suzumiya
(1)
doctor who
(1)
doujinshi
(1)
fate/stay night
(1)
free!
(1)
gaiden
(1)
ghibli
(1)
glass mask
(1)
hatenkou yuugi
(1)
hellboy
(1)
k-on
(1)
kamisama hajimemashita
(1)
kanata kara
(1)
love live
(1)
magical girl lyrical nanoha
(1)
makoto shinkai
(1)
mamoru hosoda
(1)
mei-chan no shitsuji
(1)
one punch man
(1)
psycho pass
(1)
puella magi madoka magica
(1)
reverse harem
(1)
rpg
(1)
sailor moon
(1)
saint young men
(1)
saiunkoku monogatari
(1)
saki
(1)
series recommendation
(1)
sherlock holmes
(1)
shokugeki no soma
(1)
slam dunk
(1)
soul eater
(1)
spring 2015
(1)
story tropes
(1)
suikoden tierkreis
(1)
suisei no garugantia
(1)
tekken
(1)
the elder scrolls
(1)
toradora
(1)
until death do us part
(1)
vampire game
(1)
vampire juuji kai
(1)
visual novel
(1)
yozakura quartet
(1)
yugioh
(1)
zombie loan
(1)
Popular Posts
-
A conversation with a friend about sports animes: E: How's Kuroba? Me: I like it! I've read one arc of it only. Although I like th...
-
Recently I got sucked back into the world of mobile TCG games with Chain Chronicles. There was a period of a time for about a year when I wa...
-
Since I posted it, my posts 'gotta collect them all' about TCG/CCG games has been one of the most viewed. Basically my most popular ...
-
Spoilers, by the way. HOLY FUCKING SHIT ON A FUCK SANDWICH WHAT JUST HAPPENED I- WHAT FATE EVA NEGI? Also what are you wearing s...
-
Continuing on with the series of life-ruining highschoolers playing sports, here's part three. Two more to go! This one has one of my ...

0 comments:
Post a Comment