I don't know if its because I've gotten more emotional or because Katekyo Hitman Reborn is just really good because I've been shedding some major tears over it. Maybe both.
![]() |
| F CUK I NG |
And I'm on the Future arc right now where I literally cried when Yamamoto got there. Especially when he was talking about 10yr!Tsuna destroying the rings and I was like my baby.......Just thinking of how many levels of badass he must have taken during those 10 years, and thinking about how great of a 10th boss he would've become, leading his six guardians.
Ohgawd the tears. This is some seriously emotional character development. Because you think about him at the beginning where he was not very cool at all, and always crying, and needing Reborn, and refusing to be a mafia boss...and then 10 years later where he's the most badass of Vongola bosses, without Reborn's help, even at the risk of his life. (I still absolutely refuse to believe he actually dies.)
No-good Tsuna? Better start calling him Vongola Decimo. And seeing future!Kyoko, and then the past Kyoko and him saying he'd protect her even if it means he has to trade his life for hers -I'm telling you I just lost it. All my fragile feels for Tsuna. All of them.
And everyone's so badass, and their future selves are like hey you CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR FACE. AND ON YOUR SUITS. I swear Akira Amano is now one of my favorite mangakas because of her delicious tendency to draw unbelievably hot guys and then put them in suits. SUITS. Everyone needs to do this I swear to god my love for formal wear combined with them just being way too good looking, I mean I can't even all this hotness. Even the babies I mean like Lambo he was just acting so stupid all the time in the beginning and then the 10 yr bazooka and THEN don't even get me started on the 20yr version oh god. And I went on the Reborn wiki and I saw a picture of 10 yr!Reborn and I was like Bianchi I do not blame you because that baby is hot. And there goes something off the list of things I thought I'd never say. But their faces. I literally cannot.
OH GOSH and the first guys are like freaking out about Gokudera and Tsuna's new powers and I'm like ha get out of the way mooks the badass main characters are here. And the guy Tsuna's fighting is all like "this is just like the renowned 10th boss of the Vongola" and I start tearing up again because TSUNA MY BABY IS ALL GROWN UP LIKE A BOSS. Seriously Kyoko you better get a head start on him. Just look at him girl, fighting, on flames, scaring the fuck out of guys based on reputation alone, injured, taking charge and kicking ass. He's in a dangerous world fighting to protect you. If that doesn't make him a keeper then get out of the line.
And Yamamoto UNF how different he is from the guy that was always like oh is this a game? This is no game, this is a deadly world and he becomes suitably badass to enter it. "So this is really the famed family of the 10th boss?" FUCK YEAH IT IS. (Have I mentioned how much I like time skips because I think I could stand to mention it a little bit more)
This has come pretty far from a gag type manga. I mean a superdeformed baby shows up and shoots a bullet into a loser middle school kid. Into that baby and that loser middle kid developing a close bond of trust and understand and both being super badass.
Fuck. Hibari just showed up time skipped and in a fucking tailored suit. Any more time-skips would just kill me because that much badass would give me a heart attack hnnnnngggg.
Oh wow Fuuta grew up well gosh is that the puberty over there why couldn't I have some of that.
Oh shit he just went into Avatar state. Shit just got serious.
OH fuck Mukuro got hot. I really don't think I can take much more of thisssl ajkfalskdfjaslkdfs .
Oh fuck Tsuna just got even more awesome alksdfjasd.
The way this is carrying on my rant about the Future Arc will be composed of oh fucks and laskdfjaslkdf. The manga art is too delicious.
And Tsuna is even more delicious. Everyone's like oh gotta watch out for the robots and he's just like I won't have to kill anyone when I destroy them! Everyone's like yo that was an intense technique and he's like yeah 20% managed to do the job! How much power he gets from that kickass revised technique? Answer A WHOLE LOT. I mean 10th boss was so intense that they had to study him and make a mecha just for him. I repeat, they made a custom mecha absorbing the power of two mechas to fight one middle school kid.
I love that Xanxus can try and make the liger sound cool. I also love how despite totally trying to kill him and hate him he's really just tsundere like Hibari. The Vongola can only be the strongest with Tsuna as it's boss. Oh my feels.
Speaking of Hibari I love love love that when he shows up in the future he's wearing the ring. I mean he doesn't even want to be associated with the Vongola yet when some guy randomly shoots him with the bazooka he happens to be wearing his ring. TSUNTSUN.
Well the dude just announced a tournament style arc (my favorite type of arc because of the many badass opportunities it gives) between families, the Vongola being led by Tsuna. Dude that's beautiful seriously but I guess Tsuna lost all opportunity to give up being the boss after getting his Vongola gloves.
I love the Xanxus is rooting for the Tsuna's family. (Okay rooting might be too strong a word) And I love that also despite trying to kill him and hate him Mukuro also becomes a trusted Guardian and even though everyone else is suspicious Tsuna still gets worried about him. Oh Tsuna come here and let me hug you. Or your box animal can do it for me.
What did you expect from the animal suited for the 10th boss of the Vongola? One strong enough to be a threat.
AND THEN I SAW THEM ALL IN THEIR SUITS AND SO I DIED THE END. (and then the credits page followed up with adult!Reborn and the rest and then I died some more)
OH MY and I was just looking at a picture of the 1st Boss and at first I thought it was Tsuna except I was like hey Tsuna delicious taste in clothes and then of course Tsuna gets the cape with his suit combo and then I was like I LOVE YOU.
You know every manga should have weapons focusing on how to make the character look as badass as possible. I wonder how Kyoko and Haru must feel watching this former no-good middle schooler all dressed up in a suit covered in flames punching out villains and kicking ass. I'd be long gone. I'd say they have good taste in men but with Tsuna I mean who doesn't?
And then they keep watching and its like oh fuck Yamamoto is all dressed up and cool as hell, I mean he's dual wielding you don't go wrong with dual wielding! And I am pretty sure they're just fucking with us at this point because the amount of similarity to the Primo Boss and Guardians is completely just for fun now.
D'aww and the older Dino keeps the little ones from watching too much. (congratulations on your hair btw) I also love that only TYL!Hibari knew about TYL!Tsuna's plan. I mean even TYL!Gokudera didn't know, but like the guy said in the beginning Hibari is the Vongola's man. The strongest Guardian!
Tsuna is all like I'm going to defeat Byakuran because what he's doing is wrong! and I cannot simply abandon a comrade! And everyone's like the Vongola Decimo is changing strategies or whatever and I'm like oh Tsuna you precious mafia boss you. OH CRAP SEE THIS THE EXTENT TO WHICH I LOVE TSUNA AND HIS CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT OKAY I CRY WHEN I SEE HALF OF A PROFILE OF HIS OLDER FACE. Oh gosh my feelings spilled all over the floor. If ever this series ends and has a epilogue of Tsuna in the future I would most likely just fall and not get up because this boy gives me way too many feels.
"In the middle of the ultimate crisis arrives the ultimate boss! His brow ever furrowed...he wields his fists as though in prayer...that is the Vongola Decimo" Badass.
OH gosh gosh gosh when Reborn was like fuck that the one who's gonna kick your ass is MY STUDENT, TSUNA. I WAS LIKE FUCK YEAH HE IS.
Welp I was too busy freaking out to think coherently but if I was I'd be thinking that the only way for this finale to get even more awesome is if Primo and co showed up and then BAM. Badass bishounen, badass bishounen in suits everywhere. Sorry Xanxus but you literally had no chance of winning the ring battle to begin with.
AND everyone's like oh damn Byakuran was only using 80% of his power and Tsuna's like oh no prob I've been only using 50%. And when Byakuran starts bitching about Yuni ruining his plans by dying I was like oh shit you really should not have done that. Beware the nice ones.
The Boss who protects his Family, who fights for justice, the type who worries about others before himself, the Tenth Boss. Tsuna you're making me cry again. Oh gosh future!everyone......I can't believe you cheated us out of a future!Tsuna but I forgive you because I'd be dead otherwise.
Finally onto the Inheritance arc. But as much as I know that you can't resist the call, it's also kind of frustrating to think that once again, miscommunication is the deadliest killer of them all. You think you could turn down the chance to be boss, avoid the whole conflict with the Simon family by becoming friends...NOPE THE CALL KNOWS WHERE YOU LIVE AND WHO YOU LOVE.
Oh gosh I'm crying again at serious business Tsuna.
Miscommunication and the sins of our fathers all mixed up. Take him from Tsuna who's been part of the Avatar state like twice, Primo is definitely not someone to do that.
Idk about you but I liked it better when they had matching rings. It seems more like a mafia family tradition thing rather than matching accessories...And they're totally all spikes and chains coughbondageslavecough. Welp I'm not about to complain when they're matched with suits and hot guys.
And I just cried because of Lambo's flashback. I swear anything with Tsuna as a leader just reduces me to tears. Uguu I wish older Lambo was around all the time.
Wow I can't believe you'd think something like that would make Gokudera of all people stop believing in Tsuna. What about the Tsuna who gave up his daily middle school life to protect his friends? The Tsuna who trained and fought with his life for the sake of his Family? The Tsuna who worries about others before himself? The Tsuna who accepts and understands even his opponents? The Tsuna who's brave, and strong, and compassionate, the inheritor to the original will of the Primo, the student to the strongest hitman Reborn, the leader of the the 10th generation Guardians, the Vongola Decimo!
Back to serious business, there's the Tsuna I love, who's fighting for his friends. And being incredibly badass. The thing is though their character designs look so similar that during the intense fight scenes unless I look closely I have no idea which one's Enma and which is Tsuna.
Oh fuck you Julie if you're actually Spade, look at him smiling as everyone else is worried about their bosses. Yeah fuck you Spade because you're actually him. Mukuro was way better especially time skipped.
So Hibari's Vongola gear is a badass trench coat and a weird hairstyle for his bird.
Hibari is so badass holy shit and his line "the sky is what allows the cloud to float freely" TSUNA ARE YOU LISTENING? You've manage to get Hibari as your Cloud Guardian, Mukuro as your Mist Guardian, and Xanxus as the Varia under you. That was your power.
And Hibari UNF. "It's not because of my pride that I can't surrender it, but because I cannot surrender it that it is my pride." Oh fuck that's hot.
Giotto and the first gen are just UNF. Especially Giotto, who's like a sneak peek of what Tsuna could be like in the future lasdkfjalsdfs. Not to mention Alaude who's like Hibari but actually properly standing with them.
Tsuna reminds me of Iron Man. Or a Gundam. Unf their Hyper Combination gives me tons of feels. I'm just imaging Giotto and Cozarto fighting together. Oh fuck you why do you keep redeeming fucking villains my creys.
KLADJSFALKSDJFALKSDJFALKSDJFASDFKJADULT REBORN I CAN'T I ACTUALLY CANT. I burst into tears when he saved Tsuna from the rock. I was like.......okay I wasn't actually like that it was more like HOLY FUCKING SHIT TEARS OMG REBORN I CAN'T I CANT FALLS OFF CHAIR. 'That's my student" FUCK. AND HIS TRUE PURPOSE IS TO TRAIN TSUNA. OH gosh if it goes on like this Reborn will get from number 3 to number 1 on my favorite characters list.
Ahhhh and Tsuna fights together with his Mist Guardian! Delicious. That was a delicious badass tag team combo right there. Now if only Mukuro would stop being so tsun and properly join his Guardians.
Why is it that illusionists are such fan of ravens its like Itachi all over again.
Oh wow Chrome Mukuro OTP. Well I guess if they realllly wanted to match everything up Chrome could be the Elena to Spade's Mukuro.
OF COURSE THAT WON'T HAPPEN. YOU'RE A SHOUNEN PROTAGONIST DAMN IT AND YOUR LAST TEST WILL BE TO SAVE YOUR TEACHER. SHOUNEN PROTAGONISTS ARE BETTER THAN LAWYERS AT FINDING LOOPHOLES. THERE YOU ARE. YOU'RE THE MOTHERFUCKING 10TH BOSS OF THE VONGOLA FAMILY YOU KICK ASS TSUNA. AND WHY DO YOU KICK ASS? BECAUSE OF REBORN.
Oh look at him casually speaking to Mukuro and Enma and Byakuran and Xanxus and mysterious allies LIKE A BOSS. That's a good look for you Tsuna. Crap Tsuna your character development just gave me way too many feelings. Oh look at that beauty. Nope you're still definitely my favorite.
It's not impossible, it's not impossible if its Tsuna. Because not only is he the Vongola Decimo you raised yourself, he's a motherfucking shounen protagonist.
Look at this character development, this is the Tsuna you know is going to lead the Vongola. Look at him with his family. Oh god I can't even type properly though my tears I'm like sobbing in front of my computer. Tsuna you precious precious thing I love you.
"Yes you could say they're some pretty scary people. Summoing them is not something anyone could do." Well he did. He got all these people, friends, comrades, enemies, even Hibari who hates grouping, now that's a boss. Reborn are you watching? He can say something like "after fighting all of you personally I know I can trust you." And you guys if Tsuna thinks that Jager guy is strong you best believe it because you recall he personally beat all of you too. And everyone's faces half smiling especially seeing his former enemies because they know that face of his they've all seen it right before Tsuna defeated them god I don't know how much more of this beautiful character development I can take it's like seeing your baby grow up. I guess this is why I read all 393 chapters in like 2 days.
| Beautiful. |
It's about taking levels in character development. It's about watching your tiny naive immature babies grow up to be the most badass characters around. It's about watching Aang grow up from a silly, scared kid to the powerful and mature founder of Republic City. It's about watching the prankster, hotheaded Naruto grow up to be the intelligent, compassionate saviour of Konoha. It's about watching Negi go from a kid who doesn't know anything chasing after his father to the game breakingly powerful mage stopping the destruction of both worlds. It's about watching Hikaru go from a lazy, unmotivated student to a wise modern master of Go. It's about watching useless, coward Kenichi train to become the unwavering leader of the Shinpaku Alliance fighting for justice and his friends.
And so it's about this no-good middle school loser who never seems to get anything right until one day a supposed hitman from the mafia tells him he's going to be the next head of the most powerful mafia family in Italy. And you watch him run away from his position, be scared of danger, and wanting nothing to do with anything related to the mafia. And then you watch as he forges an incredibly strong bond between him and his teacher as he learns about his own strength. And you see him learn to use that strength in order to protect what's important to him, the allies and comrades he meets throughout his training. And at the beginning you see him put his life into his teacher's hands as he gets shot with the Dying Will bullet. And now in this most recent arc you see Reborn putting his life into Tsuna's hands. You see Reborn doing everything to teach Tsuna, to raise him, and Tsuna understanding it, and teaching him right back. You see Tsuna inheriting the will of the very first founder of the Vongola and willing to stake his life to save Reborn. You see him gathering his Famiglia, being recognized by those around him and becoming a leader.
Now that's what I call a level in badass.



0 comments:
Post a Comment