November 03, 2010

"My staff and wings are yours to command."
Negi's awesomeness is only outmatched by his father's awesomeness. And they are both quite awesome.
And dude, Jack Rakan: "Yeah, we sure went through a lot!! But finally, after a thrilling series of battles that would take a whole trilogy of movies or about 14 volumes to illustrate..."
And dude, I would watch all of them. And as much as I love Nagi's gar and his awesomeness when he's rescuing Arika, or being her knight/mage there's that part of me that's like I don't care how tsundere you are, Nagi belongs to meeeeee. xD And I don't care how tsundere you are Asuna, Negi is mine toooo. xD
"He actually won (LOL)"
And with that, I actually lol'd. Say what you will about Rakan. (Because I will, that guy is an IDIOT.) But he is just so lulz sometimes, especially with that running gag called that-one-gag-where-all-the-names-are-really-long-for-some-reason-by-inserting-hyphens-but-it's-funny-when-he-does-it-anyways gag. I swear sometimes Negima has the best combo of Crowning Moments of Funny and Heartwarming and Awesome. Plenty of awesome in the Springfield DNA. And plenty of tsundere in the Vesperia DNA.
Note that in shounen shows, everyone in that show seems to have a serious affliction that no one seems fit to address except rare fourth-wall breaking characters. And no it's not an addiction to sleep. It's the fact that somehow everyone seems to be under the suspension of disbelief. This is a 14 year old kid I'm seeing (and squealing over) in this flashback. And this is a 10 year kid of said 14 year old kid that I'm seeing (and squealing over) now.
And does no one wonder at how seemingly no matter where they go, there will always be bathhouses in Negima?! I bet if they had a chapter where they go on a school trip to Canada they'd still manage to fit in fanservice bath scenes. Just woooow. And apparently, world peace is achieved in bathhouses as Negi's party conveniently meets bounty hunters who nearly killed them a few chapters and a flashback before. (Nearly, as Negi (dark) was far too awesome for them) I can't wait until Negi's party gets back to Eva and he gets to show off her spell to her...xP
OMG. Thankyou for reading my mind. It's official, Mahou Sensei Negima is one of my favorite series ever. Ever. "Boyaaaa" I swear one of my favorite things in shounen manga is the training montage. Just watching that training montage building up to the crazy awesome moments of f-yeah that I know is coming. Omg just them coming out of the scroll at the last minute..that expression of Negi's...that's twice now...even though of course they wouldn't miss it...damnit I think that shounen disease is catching ;D
And now I'm freaking out because as I guessed the pactio was made by that girl, not Negi to her, and I was so hoping he would instantly equip that awesome cape and kenpo outfit and I was like wtf is that a wallet and like LULZ for a second I thought I went crazy there and like, I think I'll stop typing this post before I faint of squealing.BRB.
Back for a second to try to calmly say I'm sorry Negi for mistaking your artifact. If that is a wallet, then that is the most awesome wallet ever.
Is it sad that when I see Negi covered in blood, playing his third trump card, calmly staring up at Jack that I think that it would probably be just as awesome if he wasn't in his 15 year old form? That probably with that 10 year old boy standing there it would still be awesome? Damnit, this is what Japan has done to me.
And BAM! I was right in not calling that his last trump. I have faith in you Negi *heart* And typical, typical shounen fights...they all come in an accumlation shot where they both give everything and make you wonder why they just didn't do that to begin with BUT seeing Negi gather his magic for his custom spell and seeing Jack gather his energy for his punch and all I can say is
"F- Yeah."
Wow. Just wow. My mind has been blown by this entire arc. But mostly by its conclusion.
I can't even say anything about their last battle, but well, you know, it was awesome.
And props to Ako, and Nodoka too. Of all those harmettes, they've got the real magic. Nodoka managed to confess to Negi as her sensei from what, chapter 33? Ako kissed him without a pactio and confessed her love to Nagi properly. Props girls, props.
Ch.257, an infinite wardrobe shows what I've always known. Guys look better in black suits.
No..no...no way..there's just no way....a.a..a MARTIAN?!
Damnit, even that dog boy is starting to look a little too handsome in his older form with a BLACK SUIT I might add. And OHMYGOD that scene with Chachamaru and Negi forming a pactio was hilarious, awesome, gar, weird, ridiculous, funny, awesome and all in all awesome. Seriously I loved it XD "And I won't let anyone tell me otherwise!" It's awesome how sometimes a single panel (ch.264,pg8) can make me laugh out loud. xD And how that one panel in ch.265 where Nodoka's book was turning black with Negi's thoughts...I found that more powerful than the actually turning into evil part, or Ichigo's fight with Hichigo. And that "kill them" shot when he was being overcome..or that white "Father, I want to find you someday."
Never in any other shounen show have I been so eager to see a flashback. Any Nagi is good Nagi. And damn boy, the Thousand Master and hero of the world as your father and the last Queen of Vespertatia and master of the ancient royal magic as your mother. Well hot damn that's some pedigree you've got there.
"Well, how about you give me my wings and staff back?"
....
"My wings still belong to you. You have to but say the word and I'll take you anywhere, even to the ends of the world."
Well personally, I can't take it anymore. Why are men in (manga) books so much better?
Holy hell. "Ala Rubra Saga: Fin."
Oh.my.god. I-. Yeah. This was a moment more crowning than...well...yeah. I'm just going to continue reading.
And dammn even Fate can look awesome grown up and in a suit ;D
.................................but Jack isn't going to die right? Like, dead for real right?Right? RIGHT?!
D: Damn right girl! I swear Nodoka's one of the most awesome harmettes ever. Confessing her love properly to Negi, standing up for herself, and absolutely pwning this thing that no one else defeated using her bookworm artifact of awesome. Just as I suspected, this entire series is made of awesome. And for once, Negi isn't being all like Oh I'm so weak for not being able to protect you I failed my job as your teacher and whatever.
"I suppose I have no right to act as though I should have been the one to protect you. You are a valuable comrade..and a great adventurer in your own right!" Damn straight she is!
Ahh there's the familiar Love Hina quality where no matter what the hell is happening, they still manage to find an onsen. Grrr..you get away with it this time with your illusionary ball/castle/scroll/plot no jutsu!
Smooth Negi. As a 10 year old you've managed to seduce the opposition as well. This guy isn't going to be lady killer when he grows up. It'll be like genocide when he grows up. I mean come on, 10 years old and he's already got a class sized harem.
Okay, I don't know what I expected from the fact that only the guys from the magical world died and it didn't affect Yue, but this twist is confusing me. Isn't Nagi from the magical world? Isn't Negi also then from the magical world? Or Asuna? Are all mages from the magical world or I mean, Yue learned magic...And whoa, that' some expression Fate has going on there...
Negi's dark form looks just like Ichigo's Hollow form, tail and hair and all. Plus that thing where Eva and etc was trying to control him so he could control his dark form was just like where Shinji and etc was trying to control him so he could control his hollow form. And that scene where Eva was like this is his power, does this form frighten you? It was like Orihime and Ichigo....
I really have respect for those harmettes that accept their feelings and move on, like Ako who gave that sweet speech about how Negi will grow up to be the person she admires, and probably even better. And Eva too, her negative speeches are so motivating and her devil may care attitude really makes her the one suitable for Negi's master. She's all like meh, "If he dies here, then that just means that he wasn't as great a man as you all thought he was." But lulz, love how everyone totally doesn't mind sharing him and kissing him left and right. With all those pactio cards, that artifact he got from the third princess is really looking useful. I mean, thats 14 cards right there so far.
Daaaaammmnn.....STOP THAT PATHOS. o_o Stop making me sympathetic towards Fate or I'll start thing that aww he's really so cute after all and there's his grown up form with that longer lock of hair a la Nagi style and is this Foe Yay the only chance at a BL pairing in this entire harem?
Omg, see the mood just shifts so suddenly, and now that shot of Negi with his Negi face while he was being Dark Negi was so awesome, the awesome to the point where I'm not making any sense am I...Annnd he's back to being so cute and Eva's blushing. xD OH GOD "I want to be friends with him" Is there anything more shounen than that? I don't think so. Defeat means friendship? Power of Nakama? Yuuuuuuup. HAHA break through bottom where the magic is weakest. Tell me about it, is there going to be more of running up the stairs, periodically facing enemies with cries of "Go ahead Negi-sensei, leave this to us, believe in your nakama!"OMG and I love Negima for immediately lampshading this a page later xDDD
Negi....no matter how many times I say this, it wouldn't dimish the effect...FIGHT.SCENES.ARE.AWESOME. (thisissparta) So Negi stayed behind to reduce numbers...I don't really approve of that particular role, but I'll accept it as a decent set-up for a big damn hero moment where the hero always comes last minute to save the day. Yuup. Negi-sensei with long hair makes me think he could make a decent genderbent fanart.
WHAT. Zazie...last person I would've expected. Like seriously I had forgotten her. o___o Whooooaaaa. Next thing you know that cooking girl will show up and solve everything with curry bread or something.... She even has a weird verbal tic-poyo like Ku Fei-aru and Chao-ne and Kaede-bozuo! See, love the lampshading. To quote Chisame "Where's the foreshadowing?!" and to quote Takishima "Indeed, in a class containing robots, time-travelers, and even vampires, it seemed all the more likely that she was not [normal]." And wow, even the antagonists don't know! Although it was cute "Ah! She must be a secret trump card that Fate-sama prepared in advance!" "I have never seen that girl before." "Th-then was it you, Dunamis-sama?" "I know her not. (Do not call me over such trivial matters)" Seriously, this tiny scene was far too comfortable and too full of appeal to the emotions for this to be a scene between the antagonists!
Oh god its one of those mind-screw lands. Where have I seen this before...Cardcaptor Sakura had one where everyone forgot their loves,or Kagome going back to her normal life at the end from Inuyasha...DUDE. Not nice.
Now all I'm going to do is hope that this mind screw Lotus Eater Machine chapter is the final epilogue. Don't deny Negi's happinessss T____T These chapters really screw me up T_T If this was the life that Negi could've had...Don't do this to meee! "That ultimate happiness for which he has always wished, yearned, and dreamed" D: "I will move on." .....BAWWWWLL.
Look at Fate looking so happy because Negi said he has to meet him. If this isn't shounen Foe Yay I don't know what is. Oh my, and Negi being all screw fate. Wait wait bad word choice. I meant like screw destiny.
Omg, a few pages of Asuna thinking about Negi in Ch.300 and I'm like BAWWWLLL. Especially when you see Negi growing up, stumbling, chasing after Nagi and almost just reaching him at that middle panel...AND XD Anya's :0 face where she's just like ".....you like him too don't you." Damn, Fate's girls echoing my very thoughts when that boss character took off his masks. Yeah he is surprisingly handsome xDDD

...
And so after many tears and laughter and crowning and funny and heartwarming and sheer pure awesome from Nagi and Negi and their own team of harmettes and reverse harems. (Funny how Nagi had an all guy team and well...you know Negi) I've arrived at the most recent chapter so far and I will say that this is one of the best shounen series I've read. Definitely top-tier, reaching FMA, on par with Bleach, higher than Naruto, and matching early arcs of Inuyasha and D.Grayman, and higher than later arcs of said series. Thanks for being, and continuing to be awesome

0 comments:

Labels

manga (78) anime (64) episodic rant (40) series review (34) mahou sensei negima (12) shipping (12) shounen (12) Naruto (10) games (9) movie (9) live action (8) star driver (8) Bleach (7) ending (7) haikyuu!! (7) one piece (7) detective conan (6) haruhi suzumiya (6) kpop (6) kuroshitsuji (6) shoujo (6) twgok (6) Durarara (5) Katekyo Hitman Reborn (5) Liar Game (5) first impressions (5) fullmetal alchemist (5) light novel (5) 07-Ghost (4) Fairy Tail (4) la corda d'oro (4) season two (4) shugo chara (4) sports (4) D.Grayman (3) OVA (3) angel beats (3) avatar (3) code geass (3) final fantasy (3) kuroko no basket (3) shota (3) tcg/ccg (3) uq holder (3) webtoon (3) Blade of the Immortal (2) CLAMP (2) Inuyasha (2) Kenichi (2) Kobato (2) Magi Labyrinth of Magic (2) Medaka Box (2) Munto (2) alice in the country of hearts (2) animation (2) awards (2) black butler (2) character rankings (2) eyeshield 21 (2) harem (2) higashi no eden (2) hunter x hunter (2) immortal rain (2) korean (2) loli (2) mahou shojo (2) maria+holic (2) natsume yuujincho (2) otome youkai zakuro (2) samurai deeper kyo (2) series comparison (2) shinrei tantei yakumo (2) super junior (2) sword art online (2) tower of god (2) 200 pounds beauty (1) 2014 (1) Code Breaker (1) Hana to Akuma (1) Harukanaru Toki no Naka de (1) IRIS (1) Kaitai Shinsho Zero (1) Kekkaishi (1) Kyou Koi wo Haijimemasu (1) Say I Love You (1) Shaman King (1) Tokyo Mew Mew (1) accel world (1) ah my goddess (1) anohana (1) bakemonogatari (1) bloody monday (1) boys love (1) brs (1) chrono crusade (1) comic book (1) cooking (1) disappearance of haruhi suzumiya (1) doctor who (1) doujinshi (1) fate/stay night (1) free! (1) gaiden (1) ghibli (1) glass mask (1) hatenkou yuugi (1) hellboy (1) k-on (1) kamisama hajimemashita (1) kanata kara (1) love live (1) magical girl lyrical nanoha (1) makoto shinkai (1) mamoru hosoda (1) mei-chan no shitsuji (1) one punch man (1) psycho pass (1) puella magi madoka magica (1) reverse harem (1) rpg (1) sailor moon (1) saint young men (1) saiunkoku monogatari (1) saki (1) series recommendation (1) sherlock holmes (1) shokugeki no soma (1) slam dunk (1) soul eater (1) spring 2015 (1) story tropes (1) suikoden tierkreis (1) suisei no garugantia (1) tekken (1) the elder scrolls (1) toradora (1) until death do us part (1) vampire game (1) vampire juuji kai (1) visual novel (1) yozakura quartet (1) yugioh (1) zombie loan (1)

Popular Posts