November 22, 2010

Star Driver Episode 8
Always Like a Shooting Star
What a twist! I didn't think fish girl san's story would have that little bit of tragic plot device. Okay now I'm intrigued. So like what he kept her in a cage when she could always go away and she's crying and the story is where Sam abandons the girl...
If Sugata woke up so easily, why did every other heir never wake up? Do they just die or are they still sleeping? This is all incredibly deus ex zero time.
When Takuto talks about the 'trio' he really has a Kida feel to it. Like Kida when he was being all emo in the rain and thiking about Mikado and Anri (before he turns around and runs off with Saki. Who the hell is Saki anyways and why isn't she Mikado?)
Yeah those inserts of the guy in his room and the fish girl san is really getting more bizarre.
So this isn't a deserted island? Why is there only like four people on the bus? Even fish girl is giving a seemingly average metaphor about her love life, except the twist is that she really WAS in a giant birdcage.
That pink haired san is really creepy stalker like. OMG, if fish girl leaves, who will sing along to the looped approvise animation in zero time? HAHA Tigre's comment there was perfect. That awesomely drawn pose of two bishounen posed against the light and she's like "Miss Wako has it nice..." XD If Wako and her Maiden Cybody turns out as awesome as Anri with her Saika, I will approve. And even with Anri I shipped MikadoxKida like mad. I've never really thought of them as a trio either. Because in both series, it was never really fully explored why they were suddenly BFFs. It's just like the original two who knew each other insert new person and then we're told they're best friends. Wouldn't a Black Rock Shooter situation happen instead? (Sans maybe alternative realities)
Well, I think this is a pretty nice place for a deserted island. Kay loved that shot of the punch. If they make up after this fight...yeah so OTP. Cue msyterious wind and oddly loose leaves/grass. And cue shots of said wind ruffling the guy's hair like nobody's business. Why do the guys have better hair than the girls? All this shot needs is some badass capes. The wind is so funky, but who cares if it makes these two bishounen's look so awesome. And that Zero Time stop made it cooler! Kay let's see some action guys. WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN - Why do the girls in this series SUCK. Okay all they do is stand around in skimpy leather outfits and generally be all wtf.
Oh see now THAT was awesome. "Come, Takuto!" (No not like that you dirty dirty people) Dude, why the surprise? I thought it was long ago established that the knife was for protecting Wako...but I guess not. Sight, guys and their individual color spectrums clashing in fistfights making jokes because they're really rival/friends along with a extended pause before the damage registers and the hero gets a cool standing pose SIGHT - doesn't get more shounen that this. But bonus points for the animation of win. "The adventure of life continues.."
(That is one slow ferry.)

Star Driver Episode 9 -Mizuno's First Love
Okayy are we randomly character developing another character who's name I don't remember? Everyone in this series for me is defined by an attribute and added -san to. Except for the trio. See the power of characterization? And not funky colors of hair? I remembered everyone from DRRR! So now Sugata and Takuto are friendly enough to bathe together? But I love the dynamics between the three of them. Takuto's such a foil for Sugata, but I hope the whole love triangle gets resolved at the end. (SugataxTakuto style? xD) Oh more crazy haired people. I like the long haired sister better. BIRD WHISPERER SHE IS. I guess that's where the First Love part of the title comes from. So pink witch san convinently comes in as the leader of the Crux. But I kind of like her outfit, at least compared to the rest of the skimpy outfits. She is annoying though. On a completely unrelated note, the verision I'm watching has commericials in the middle and OMG FMA MOVIE ;D You know, we're up to the 9th episode, and I'm still kind of watching for the plot to kick in. There's lots of random people with improbable hair and weirdo costumes and I'm just like.....I'm kind of unsatisifed with the plot, like it's too simple or something. Random guy washes up on random shore to randomly decide to fit against some random people in bird masks? While randomly being best friends with a random shrine maiden and the random heir to the King Cybody? What the hell are Cybodies? Why does the Crux exist? Why are there so many characters? What happens to the people who are defeated? What about pool boy-san? Where's everyone's angsty backstories? Why did Takuto come to the island? Who is his grandfather? Where did he get that Cybody? Who is exactly the Galactic Pretty Boy and how does everyone already know about it? I'm getting kind of bored. The fabulousness can only hold out to such a degree. The guys in the Vanishing Age shady bar room look like members of a boy band. This show likes to use weird metaphors for everything. So pink sister-san is that really annoying leader. I take back what I said about liking her then. xP Although, gotta say, with the hair and outfit and everything, she's got more style than everyone else in the Crux. No more battle music curtesy of fish-girl san. And now Sugata joins us in Zero Time. (And in Kendo uniform no less! ;D) You know what they were saying about like 12 swords and like 12 cybodies and all that? Goddd this is going to feel long. Either it draggest out for makes it a rushed last episode where all the villians are resolved like that. I KNEW IT. Knew that he'd use his training with Sugata in the battle. And guys, the villians in this series all suck...OH okay did not see that twist. Wait who was Wako again ? The North Maiden? I'm confused, what phase is Tauburn in? And what's Takuto's first phase thing? That was like never brought up. And remember, a stapleof shounen shows are level ups! LEVEL UP! And I guess with that little twist pink witch-san is here to stay.

0 comments:

Labels

manga (78) anime (64) episodic rant (40) series review (34) mahou sensei negima (12) shipping (12) shounen (12) Naruto (10) games (9) movie (9) live action (8) star driver (8) Bleach (7) ending (7) haikyuu!! (7) one piece (7) detective conan (6) haruhi suzumiya (6) kpop (6) kuroshitsuji (6) shoujo (6) twgok (6) Durarara (5) Katekyo Hitman Reborn (5) Liar Game (5) first impressions (5) fullmetal alchemist (5) light novel (5) 07-Ghost (4) Fairy Tail (4) la corda d'oro (4) season two (4) shugo chara (4) sports (4) D.Grayman (3) OVA (3) angel beats (3) avatar (3) code geass (3) final fantasy (3) kuroko no basket (3) shota (3) tcg/ccg (3) uq holder (3) webtoon (3) Blade of the Immortal (2) CLAMP (2) Inuyasha (2) Kenichi (2) Kobato (2) Magi Labyrinth of Magic (2) Medaka Box (2) Munto (2) alice in the country of hearts (2) animation (2) awards (2) black butler (2) character rankings (2) eyeshield 21 (2) harem (2) higashi no eden (2) hunter x hunter (2) immortal rain (2) korean (2) loli (2) mahou shojo (2) maria+holic (2) natsume yuujincho (2) otome youkai zakuro (2) samurai deeper kyo (2) series comparison (2) shinrei tantei yakumo (2) super junior (2) sword art online (2) tower of god (2) 200 pounds beauty (1) 2014 (1) Code Breaker (1) Hana to Akuma (1) Harukanaru Toki no Naka de (1) IRIS (1) Kaitai Shinsho Zero (1) Kekkaishi (1) Kyou Koi wo Haijimemasu (1) Say I Love You (1) Shaman King (1) Tokyo Mew Mew (1) accel world (1) ah my goddess (1) anohana (1) bakemonogatari (1) bloody monday (1) boys love (1) brs (1) chrono crusade (1) comic book (1) cooking (1) disappearance of haruhi suzumiya (1) doctor who (1) doujinshi (1) fate/stay night (1) free! (1) gaiden (1) ghibli (1) glass mask (1) hatenkou yuugi (1) hellboy (1) k-on (1) kamisama hajimemashita (1) kanata kara (1) love live (1) magical girl lyrical nanoha (1) makoto shinkai (1) mamoru hosoda (1) mei-chan no shitsuji (1) one punch man (1) psycho pass (1) puella magi madoka magica (1) reverse harem (1) rpg (1) sailor moon (1) saint young men (1) saiunkoku monogatari (1) saki (1) series recommendation (1) sherlock holmes (1) shokugeki no soma (1) slam dunk (1) soul eater (1) spring 2015 (1) story tropes (1) suikoden tierkreis (1) suisei no garugantia (1) tekken (1) the elder scrolls (1) toradora (1) until death do us part (1) vampire game (1) vampire juuji kai (1) visual novel (1) yozakura quartet (1) yugioh (1) zombie loan (1)

Popular Posts