Negi-sensei, if your improbably handsome father has more appearances, will you stop turning me into a shotacon?
I'm serious. This is the worst case of Improbable Age I've ever seen since Naruto.
No, there is no way that adorable shota boy is 10. Wait it is..but not that awesomely gar cape and kenpo moves. STOP CONFUSING ME JAPAN WITH YOUR INAPPROPRIATELY HANDSOME 10 YEAR OLDS. (imlookingatyouDetectiveConan)I have these conflicting impulses where in one chapter I feel like squishing Negi's cheeks and he makes me want to just eat him up because he's so cuttte but then I have this impulse where my mind is saying to me This is the most badass 10 year old you've ever met and if you don't squeal right now, you aren't understanding how gar he is. But the result is that I end up squealing.
Okay Negi "I, for the sake of our own lives, must do evil..and that is something which I can't run away from."
....
No amount of tragic past or orphanhood can justify this insanely badass one-liner from a 10 year old. There is just no way. Me when I was 10 "OMG, my Neopet totally leveled up!" Or something like that.
Or maybe his extremely young age is just a plot point so that his even more insanely badass and bishie 20 year old father can be fawned over by fangirls like me.
But, I swear in Negima! I'm also experiencing some of the worst (best?) cases of Willing Suspension of Disbelief since...the last wall banging shounen show I watched. I mean, okay, this 10 year old kid pwns 40 year old mages with superhuman abilities and kisses more girls than his own age...and mine. And his 20 something father is eternally 20 something and apparently accomplished similar and better feats at the age of 10 as well. And don't even get me started with that age changing candy where we get cute 10 year old Negi in a cute 16 year old Negi. (OMGCH124)
But.
Who the hell cares? The degree of coolness in this show is cranked up to 11. I swear Ken Akamatsu deserves a reward for trolling everyone with a seemingly unwanted harem series for the first 100 chapters or so before it kicks into the tournament/school festival arc where you really have no doubt about it being a shounen manga anymore. And it is f-ing awesome.
Seriously, this series is stuffed packed with Crowning Moments. Of awesome, of heartwarming, of the all important f-yeah moment, of even tearjearking. Whatever it is, Negima has it, and it is crowning. Huh, and I'm wondering why so many of Negi's older students are helplessly in love with him.
That's it. I give up, I don't care anymore.
"I call it the reverse Hikaru Genji plan!"
0 comments:
Post a Comment