I finally got around to watching Eden of the East after several anime blogs have already proclaimed it as much awesome. So I finished the 11 episode TV series and I have to say that it is much awesome. MUCH MUCH AWESOME. LKJAFSLDKFJA*dies*
First of all, the animation is top notch. Leave it up to Production I.G. for all the snazzy backgrounds as seen in Kimi ni Todoke. And the OP gets a thumbs up from me for being all artsy and graphics with proper English songs as well as lines from Reveal the World and stuff like "The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power" and " the King has come! To save us from the dark. Who could ever doubt? We have faith." The ED gets a thumb up from me just for looking awesome. But I'm not going to dwell on it, but know that it was most excellent and the animation just rounded off the awesomeness that is Higashi no Eden. The OST too, especially during the last episode where Taki was standing at the top going 'Bang' and the shots of the deadly missiles juxtaposed against the Reveal the World song...tremendous.
I would go into plot details now, but the fangirl in me resists so I am going to completely screw over what little organization this post had to say
OMG TAKIZAWA AKIRA LOVE.
He is the most gar protagonist ever. What else can you say about a guy who is perfectly calm and composed in every situation on this show? Situations like losing all your memories and ending up naked in front of the White House waving a handgun and a mysterious gun? Like finding out said gun has 10 billion yen for you to change the country? Like intercepting 60 missiles as they fall towards Japan? Unmatched. Or how about facing a bizarre woman who cuts Johnnies and instead of freaking out offers to seduce her? Or solving sobbing girl's rant about her love, her family and her work by kissing her? Peerless.
It seems suitable that he stands as the King of Japan as he is totally peerless. Compared to Oshugi or whatever, who keeps on whining and being jealous, he's always calm and cool and freaking gar. Plus he owns the most adorable Shiba dog with wings. Beat that.
And Juiz, oh Juiz...I want one. That is all.
SAKIRA is my new favorite pairing. From the mysterious boy meets girl story and that motif of taking her hand to that awesome kiss and just LKJASDFLKASJDA*dies* And what a motif that is. That boat moment where she looks at him in that Bambi deer eyes and he just stretches out his hand or when she stretched out her hand and he took it or all those shots of them holding hands and running, or that train scene when the door closed and he didn't offer his hand and LKADJSFLAKSDJFA *dies*
While watching the first episode I felt like Taki should have a tattoo that said "John G.." (All those obscure movie references and no Momento? I feel cheated.) And while watching the show, the OP started coming in later, so after I watched the edge-of-my-seat kind of beginning I'd sit there and be amazed at how much awesome could fit into the few minutes before the OP started. And this show is definitely a marathoner. I wouldn't be able to stand waiting a whole week for the next installment. It's like watching Momento but in sporadic episodes and trying to keep up.
I'm tempted to sound all literary and critique-like but I really don't have it in me to analyze this show. It's just awesome. The pacing, the story, the characters, the euphemism for white out, mass of naked NEETs, the WTF moments, the D'aww moments, the F-YEAH moments, the shipping moments, the super deformed faces, the mind screw, the mind unscrew, sakixtaki, just everything made this show awesome.
And now I will watch the movies and LJFLKASDFJASFA *dies*
0 comments:
Post a Comment