October 09, 2010

In which a nerd with a red eye captures a youkai heroine in a mecha.
I love the smell of first episodes in the fall season. Today I watched four: The World God Only Knows (OMGYES!) and Shinrei Tantei Yakumo (OMGSHIPS!) and Star Driver and Otome Youkai Zakuro.

TWGOK
ep1
The manga style seems to have more charm, but hey, obviously the style would change in an anime adaptation. And Keima does look cool in some certain shots. I'm not sure if it makes it funnier or weirder that the OP is reminsicent of Eden of the East. Are they saying that Keima is as gar as Taki? Hmm... Not up to par for Higashi though. They changed the dialogue and shots a bit, but mainly following the manga pretty closely. I hope they do. The manga was awesome ;D Unlike a certain...parade of 1000 spirits. The anime for Nurahiyon, especially the pacing, wasn't as good as the manga right from the bat. This episode was decent, not earth shattering, but decent. I'll definitely watch more Keima and his cool eyes ;)

STY
ep 1
The OP is unmemorable. NOOOO PINK HAIRRR. Oh crap. bad idea to watch this at 2 am in the morning. I'm easily scared by mere flashes or light or dramatic horror music. "Lovers?" "HELL YES" Mmm smexy red eye. The atonement part was like Jigoku Shoujo. I half expected him to spiral down into hell or something. I can already see the filler/anime exclusiveness. I don't really like this episode, but will be watching just in case they have some anime exclusive ship moments.

OYZ
ep1
Strangely, even though I wasn't planning on watching this, nor was it raved about in aniblogs (like Star Driver), I wrote quite a bit when I was watching it. Mostly because I loooooove tropes. Pointing out cliche's is fun!
The song is so cute. XD wow, that ship is so official they put it in the OP. Nevermind, all of them are apparently canon enough to be paired up in the OP. We have a Mori big brother type. A Tamaki blond prince type. A cute shota type. A silent pretty boy type. A twin cutesy type. A gentle onee chan type. A rebellious darkhaired girl who opposes these types coming to her home at first but slowly falls for the male protagonist. In short, a tsundere. The twins will tease the young shota, leading to profuse blushing. Mori type will not blush at all, but will make oneechan type blush profusely. They will be more only slightly less canoical than Tamaki and longhaired Haruhi there. Haruhi may be blushing at their introduction, but will be mad when she finds about his apparent fear of spirits, but will be central in changing his perceptions, and in that process, change hers as well. She will swoon, and he will catch her. Onee chan type may seem apprehensive about that stoic face, but that stoic face will smile and her and she will see all the warm sunshine and puppies in his heart. Can I stop watching now? (Time mark so far: 7:51)
Fear of spirits, check (8:26)
Tsundere, check (9:36)
Disgust at his fear, check (12:24)
Twins messing with shota, check (13:40)
Changing him, check(14:31)
Fansubs actually using the word 'swoon' (priceless)
Mori and Oneechan being canon (16:04)
Question, why do youkai magic use human weapons? This was pretty fun to watch, but I have a feeling it might get old fast.

0 comments:

Labels

manga (78) anime (64) episodic rant (40) series review (34) mahou sensei negima (12) shipping (12) shounen (12) Naruto (10) games (9) movie (9) live action (8) star driver (8) Bleach (7) ending (7) haikyuu!! (7) one piece (7) detective conan (6) haruhi suzumiya (6) kpop (6) kuroshitsuji (6) shoujo (6) twgok (6) Durarara (5) Katekyo Hitman Reborn (5) Liar Game (5) first impressions (5) fullmetal alchemist (5) light novel (5) 07-Ghost (4) Fairy Tail (4) la corda d'oro (4) season two (4) shugo chara (4) sports (4) D.Grayman (3) OVA (3) angel beats (3) avatar (3) code geass (3) final fantasy (3) kuroko no basket (3) shota (3) tcg/ccg (3) uq holder (3) webtoon (3) Blade of the Immortal (2) CLAMP (2) Inuyasha (2) Kenichi (2) Kobato (2) Magi Labyrinth of Magic (2) Medaka Box (2) Munto (2) alice in the country of hearts (2) animation (2) awards (2) black butler (2) character rankings (2) eyeshield 21 (2) harem (2) higashi no eden (2) hunter x hunter (2) immortal rain (2) korean (2) loli (2) mahou shojo (2) maria+holic (2) natsume yuujincho (2) otome youkai zakuro (2) samurai deeper kyo (2) series comparison (2) shinrei tantei yakumo (2) super junior (2) sword art online (2) tower of god (2) 200 pounds beauty (1) 2014 (1) Code Breaker (1) Hana to Akuma (1) Harukanaru Toki no Naka de (1) IRIS (1) Kaitai Shinsho Zero (1) Kekkaishi (1) Kyou Koi wo Haijimemasu (1) Say I Love You (1) Shaman King (1) Tokyo Mew Mew (1) accel world (1) ah my goddess (1) anohana (1) bakemonogatari (1) bloody monday (1) boys love (1) brs (1) chrono crusade (1) comic book (1) cooking (1) disappearance of haruhi suzumiya (1) doctor who (1) doujinshi (1) fate/stay night (1) free! (1) gaiden (1) ghibli (1) glass mask (1) hatenkou yuugi (1) hellboy (1) k-on (1) kamisama hajimemashita (1) kanata kara (1) love live (1) magical girl lyrical nanoha (1) makoto shinkai (1) mamoru hosoda (1) mei-chan no shitsuji (1) one punch man (1) psycho pass (1) puella magi madoka magica (1) reverse harem (1) rpg (1) sailor moon (1) saint young men (1) saiunkoku monogatari (1) saki (1) series recommendation (1) sherlock holmes (1) shokugeki no soma (1) slam dunk (1) soul eater (1) spring 2015 (1) story tropes (1) suikoden tierkreis (1) suisei no garugantia (1) tekken (1) the elder scrolls (1) toradora (1) until death do us part (1) vampire game (1) vampire juuji kai (1) visual novel (1) yozakura quartet (1) yugioh (1) zombie loan (1)

Popular Posts