But I didn't like how the anime deviated so much from the manga. Here, it just seemed so...weird. It's like they were trying to make Sebastian into this caring, gentle thing, but really, he's a demon.
Are demons allowed to cry?
Well...it was okay. The servants awesome skills were only squished into like, one episode! Blasphemy. When they solved the mystery behind the Demon Dog (read:hound of baskerville) I totally expected Seba to go "Elementary, my dear..young master" Or something like that. That dog was totally stupid. I did not like Pluto at all.
Lau and Ran-mao were fun to watch. When Lau mentioned the butterfly dream I was like ZOMGWTFBBQ XXXHOLIC! Yup. And his seiyruu seems to fit that type right? Ichimaru and him...squinted eyes...mysterious intentions...And does William T. Spear's seiyruu always voice intellectual megane kuns who sigh at other's implusiveness? (A la Ishida & Ichigo?)
The curry epsiodes was also fun to see animated, but parts of it was ruined due to anime interference by making the evil curry&the unresolvement of Mina. Tsk tsk. Fillers are one thing but....I really dislike fillers that get in the way of the actual plot. (I'm looking at you Bount-arc plushies and FMA Dante. I mean, Naruto fillers might've sucked badly, but at least they didn't change things too much.)
But I really didn't like Sebastian's show of feelings for Ciel. It just feels weird. All the way on the boat ride I kept feeling like Seba was going to jump Ciel anytime. The whole last few episodes felt so awkward, to me at least. Sigh. Seba seemed to become less awesome as episodes went by. >.> The engrish kinda bothered me, but liked the reference to its significance all the way through though. Even if it was sorta terribad engrish. (Not awesomesauce like TK)
I also felt like they tried to make Elizabeth less annoying by making her love totally deep. Meh. That London Bridge song was creepy. Angela was creepier.
The ending seemed so forced to be generic. The souless kid discovering the people around him and love and kindness and gentleness and repenting and forgiveness and stuff. Stuff.
I still love Sebastian for all the reasons I mentioned before in my fangurl post about him. And I totally kind Ciel is awesome for being da boss of the underworld. I loved the moments where Ciel displays his total confidence in his butler. It's just that the ending left me feeling meh.
Well, I look to Kuroshitsuji Two to bring back Seba's awesomeness (sexy narrowed red eyes included) and Ciel's awesomeness (one pretty blue eye and one pentacle inscribed eye included)
0 comments:
Post a Comment