I still think Cardcaptor Sakura is best anime adaptation for a CLAMP series (English version ignored) but Kobato was fun to watch too. Especially with all the cameos and crossovers ;)
her Jar of Hearts
I watched Kobato the anime and I'm so glad Studio Deen didn't screw it up like Bee Train did with Tsubasa. It wasn't as good as the manga, but it was good. I mean, the story is about a cute girl collecting candy and finding love, and that's exactly what we got. CLAMP drawings are always a little hard to animate. There's a quality that you just have to see the manga to get. But there wasn't anything too bad, unlike the awkwardness of Tsubasa's long-limbed characters. Studio Deen always delivers on the scenery. (And they totally take it up to 11 for Nurarihiyon no Mago) Kana Hanazawa's singing gets better as the series goes on, and that duet with Kohaku was lovely~ The development of the relationship between Fujimoto wasn't as nicely paced as the manga, but other than that, in general, pacing's already pretty good for a 24 episode show. And although I think the backstory for the manga sounds more interesting, the ending for the anime was adorable. Kinda unbelievable, but adorable anyways.
0 comments:
Post a Comment